The Student Room Group

Llloyds Group IT Apprenticeship

Hi,

I recently applied for Lloyds Group IT Apprenticeship and had an assessment centre on 3rd September. Still yet to hear anything back although I was given a time frame of 7-10 days.

Just wondered if anyone else had applied for the same or similar position and has heard anything back.

Thanks
Just coming in to wish you good luck! :smile: I've spoken to people in that department on numerous occasions... I'm one of the people you will probably get annoyed with if you get the job because I always forget my password/lock myself out of my systems :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Haha! Thanks for the luck :smile:

I just wish they would tell me, the wait is torturous.
Original post by Deep1
Haha! Thanks for the luck :smile:

I just wish they would tell me, the wait is torturous.

I've never applied for an apprenticeship before, I'm an employee, but I know what you mean.. I had to go through 2 online stages (including personality tests and things) before I had my interview. Thankfully though I got my job offer at the interview itself so didn't have a painful wait after that stage lol, hopefully it will be the same for you :smile:
Original post by Deep1
Hi,

I recently applied for Lloyds Group IT Apprenticeship and had an assessment centre on 3rd September. Still yet to hear anything back although I was given a time frame of 7-10 days.

Just wondered if anyone else had applied for the same or similar position and has heard anything back.

Thanks

Hi, I know the waiting game is a killer mate but they'll reply back soon, best thing to do is to keep refreshing your inbox and hope for the best. :biggrin: Good Luck! :smile:

Original post by Sazzy890
I've never applied for an apprenticeship before, I'm an employee, but I know what you mean.. I had to go through 2 online stages (including personality tests and things) before I had my interview. Thankfully though I got my job offer at the interview itself so didn't have a painful wait after that stage lol, hopefully it will be the same for you :smile:

Hi Sazzy, could you please tell me what the interview was like when you had yours? just so i know what to expect if i do get through to the next stage? (it's for another Lloyds apprenticeship scheme). I'm not that great in interviews, how did you prepare for them? how many questions will they ask for their three core values? is reading the annual report good enough? and do they ask commercial awareness questions so what's affecting the banking sector etc? if so, are there any links (similar site to accountancy age but for issues relating to banking you could please send me?

Thanks in advance. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mightyfrog2_10

Hi Sazzy, could you please tell me what the interview was like when you had yours? just so i know what to expect if i do get through to the next stage? (it's for another Lloyds apprenticeship scheme). I'm not that great in interviews, how did you prepare for them? how many questions will they ask for their three core values? is reading the annual report good enough? and do they ask commercial awareness questions so what's affecting the banking sector etc? if so, are there any links (similar site to accountancy age but for issues relating to banking you could please send me?

Thanks in advance. :smile:

My job is very different to Group IT so the questions may be different (I work with mortgages). However they did not focus on commercial awareness type questions, nor did they ask me specifically about the bank or their core values etc (although they may ask you why you applied for the job/why you want to work for the bank and therefore having some knowledge of the bank may be relevant here). They focused on my experience, asking me for examples of when I've had to work as part of a team to get something done, what my most challenging experience was and how I overcame that, how I would react if I had an abusive customer (probably not likely to be a question they'll ask you for yours :tongue:), things like that.

Just be yourself, think up the answers before you go (don't rehearse them though otherwise you'll just sound fake but think about the sort of thing you could reply if they were to ask you questions like that, and think of examples of different situations e.g. examples of a stressful situation, a challenging situation, a challenging customer, situations where you've helped to develop an idea to improve the business (Lloyds are very keen on people who come up with new ideas to help improve processes etc) etc etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sazzy890
My job is very different to Group IT so the questions may be different (I work with mortgages). However they did not focus on commercial awareness type questions, nor did they ask me specifically about the bank or their core values etc (although they may ask you why you applied for the job/why you want to work for the bank and therefore having some knowledge of the bank may be relevant here). They focused on my experience, asking me for examples of when I've had to work as part of a team to get something done, what my most challenging experience was and how I overcame that, how I would react if I had an abusive customer (probably not likely to be a question they'll ask you for yours :tongue:), things like that.

Just be yourself, think up the answers before you go (don't rehearse them though otherwise you'll just sound fake but think about the sort of thing you could reply if they were to ask you questions like that, and think of examples of different situations e.g. examples of a stressful situation, a challenging situation, a challenging customer, situations where you've helped to develop an idea to improve the business (Lloyds are very keen on people who come up with new ideas to help improve processes etc) etc etc.

Interesting, thank you so much for all this! :smile:
Reply 7
Got a call this morning from hyphen to say that I got the job! So happy, relieved and excited!

Best of luck mightyfrog!
Congratulations! :smile: :woo:
Original post by Deep1
Got a call this morning from hyphen to say that I got the job! So happy, relieved and excited!

Best of luck mightyfrog!

Only saw your post now mate Congratulations! That's awesome! :smile: :party:

and thanks for the luck! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi, I just wanted to ask what the assessment process for the Group IT Apprenticeship was like after the online tests stage;
What was asked in the telephone/video interview?
and what the assessment centre involved?

Hopefully you'll reply. Thanks
Reply 11
Original post by Deep1
Hi,

Thanks

------------------

Hi, I just wanted to ask what the assessment process for the Group IT Apprenticeship was like after the online tests stage;
What was asked in the telephone/video interview?
and what the assessment centre involved?

Hopefully you'll reply. Thanks
Reply 12
Has anyone done the online tests? How did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending