The Student Room Group

Sell Mac for Equivalent Windows Laptop

I have been recommended a MacBook Pro, they retail at £1k ish...
When I receive the laptop, can i sell it to buy a windows laptop with a greater Spec for the same price? Can I sell my DSA Laptop?

Better still, before i commit to receiving the macbook pro can i mention i have found a windows laptop with a greater spec and buy that one instead ? It is an MSI laptop, will this effect the process?

I have found an MSI laptop with nearly twice as good specs as the macbook pro and its the same price and i know ill get more use out of it, but its not provided by any suppliers. what should i do?

Receive the macbook and sell it ? for the MSI.

Thankyou Everyone
Reply 1
Original post by TedFred81
I have been recommended a MacBook Pro, they retail at £1k ish...
When I receive the laptop, can i sell it to buy a windows laptop with a greater Spec for the same price? Can I sell my DSA Laptop?

Better still, before i commit to receiving the macbook pro can i mention i have found a windows laptop with a greater spec and buy that one instead ? It is an MSI laptop, will this effect the process?

I have found an MSI laptop with nearly twice as good specs as the macbook pro and its the same price and i know ill get more use out of it, but its not provided by any suppliers. what should i do?

Receive the macbook and sell it ? for the MSI.

Thankyou Everyone

Its up to you what you do with the equipment when you receive it, but the only reason an Apple laptop will be provided is for an Apple based courses. Will this impact on your studies if you use an Windows machine? If not then an Apple should not be recommended in the first place.

The ethical thing to do is say you want a Windows laptop and fund the additional cost of the upgrade yourself, not try to cash in at the taxpayers expense. No supplier will have a specific make and model on the shelf for you, as thats not how DSA works- they work to specs.

Quick Reply

Latest