The Student Room Group

Do you ever stop halfway through typing a comment and give up?

Sometimes you receive a reply that you really want to argue against, but you can't find the words to explain your point so you dwell on it for a bit to strengthen your argument, and then you forget the point you're trying to make, you realise the argument is pointless anyway and it's just delete delete delete

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I do that. =(
Reply 2
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Sometimes you receive a reply that you really want to argue against, but you can't find the words to explain your point so you dwell on it for a bit to strengthen your argument, and then you forget the point you're trying to make, you realise the argument is pointless anyway and it's just delete delete delete

yeah

so many times :banghead: xD
Reply 4
Not usually but somet
Reply 5
Original post by pane123
Not usually but somet

You smart sonova
Quite often when the person I'm replying to isn't worth the effort.
Yeah, I often get half way through a good response and just think "**** it" they're not going to listen anyway, delete it then move on :') I get so annoyed at people online sometimes.

I also find it hard to articulate myself sometimes.
(edited 9 years ago)
i sometimes realise that the OP is a halfw

I just had one of those fights. Honestly, it's the most frustrating thing and I just lose the energy and think **** it. :catfight:
When I decide my opponent is too dumb to continue talking to
Reply 11
Original post by colourtheory
I just had one of those fights. Honestly, it's the most frustrating thing and I just lose the energy and think **** it. :catfight:

Probably a good idea when debating on the internet is if you're getting angry, is it worth arguing about? What is there to gain from this?
Probably a good idea when debating on the internet is if you're getting angry, is it worth arguing about? What is there to gain from this?

Funnily enough I had this internal dialogue and I lost interest in the whole thing. Some of the people on TSR are so right wing it's almost unbelievable, I just wanna knock their heads together! :colondollar:
Yeah sometimes I just can't be bothered.
I probably do that more than I actually post
Reply 15
Yep.

All the time. I often think "why bother" because it's not like the idiot would understand it or listen

I don't do that but I do occassionally go to type something if someone is being particularly stupid I'll then stop and think, "this person is not worth my time". At the point I just leave the page.
All the
Reply 19
I do that most of the time.

Quick Reply

Latest