The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Commuting - Who does?

Hello all!

I'm going into Second Year and am beginning by commuting to Loughborough from around 45 mins away.

Does anyone else commute, be it near or far? Does anyone have any tips for commuting?
Original post by Fazackerberry
Hello all!

I'm going into Second Year and am beginning by commuting to Loughborough from around 45 mins away.

Does anyone else commute, be it near or far? Does anyone have any tips for commuting?

Hi!

There is a guy I know in EESE (School of Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering) that travels from Chesterfield area to Loughborough and did it whenever he had lectures. He'd stay the whole day and then go home. He's going into his final year now and will do the same thing. It seems to be more cost effective for him to live at home. I guess he has other priorities as well.

Maybe try Carpooling or BlaBlaCar to make your journey more interesting.

Loughborough gets really busy from 08:00 onwards till about 10:00 or so. More so from 08:30 to 09:30. If you're an early bird, you might want to get in early and do some work/chill etc. Also, note that there are car parking fees and you need a permit to park on campus.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Thanks for the info! Glad I'm not the only one. Did a test run this morning and I know what you mean about Lufbra being busy after 8. Permit all applied for, just waiting for Security to get back to me.

Thanks as well for the links about carpooling. Could definitely add some variety to the situation!
Hi Fazackerberry

The traffic problems are being made worse by all the roadworks in place at the moment.

It's supposed to all be finished in the autumn, so hopefully it'll ease a little.

I normally come in to work between 8 and 8.30 and it's not too bad around then, depends which way you're coming in too - some are worse than others!

Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Fazackerberry

The traffic problems are being made worse by all the roadworks in place at the moment.

It's supposed to all be finished in the autumn, so hopefully it'll ease a little.

I normally come in to work between 8 and 8.30 and it's not too bad around then, depends which way you're coming in too - some are worse than others!

Vicky

Thanks Vicky! I'm coming in from the South on the M1 so thankfully a straightforward journey from motorway to campus.

Does the Uni have any specific advice for students who commute?
M1 is straight forward, a lot of my colleagues come in that way a pits not too bad at all. I don't think there is any specific advice, but I can look into it and get back to you later if that's ok. It's our Open Day today, so I'm not back at my desk until later.
Vicky
Hi Fazackerberry

I've had a look through the info available and there's not much on commuting specifically.

I have however found more info about car sharing if you're interested.

Have a great weekend
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending