The Student Room Group

Girls, will you take your husband's name when you get married?

Poll

well?

Please vote and state your reasons for it. Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Yes.

Why? It's easier and I have no reason not to, so I don't see why I wouldn't
Yes. But it does depend what it is.
Reply 3
No because i'm a Muslim.
Yes and no I plan to double barrel it. And my children will have double barrelled names. :smile:
Reply 5
Yes cos he has a cool surname!lol If I get married to him that is.:daydreaming:
Probably. But not if his surname begins with a T, because that would make my initials RAT :tongue: in any other case I most likely would.

(Thankfully my boyfriend's surname doesn't begin with a T but we've never discussed marriage so whether taking his surname would be something I have to think about in the future I don't know)
Original post by MelaMelaMela
Yes and no I plan to double barrel it. And my children will have double barrelled names. :smile:

And their children will have tripple barrelled names. And so on and so forth
Only if it's cooler than mine. I don't like mine but I sure as hell won't be taking my husband's if it's worse than mine.
Yes depending on what it is seeing as mine is a tad long and hard to say I'd prefer a shorter one (thank you father :unimpressed:)
Original post by ChickenMadness
And their children will have tripple barrelled names. And so on and so forth

Yeah + my last name is :cool:
Reply 11
I like my name, it's part of me. Also it's a link to my family :smile:
Reply 12
Probably. Im going into teaching so even if I took my hysband's name I'll probably still use my current one for work.
(edited 9 years ago)
Only if it's posh. Like Windsor​.
Reply 14
Yes because I'd change surname for the world.
Yeah, probably. I'd have no reason not to really!

Unless it was something really embarrassing... But that's a pretty crappy reason not to. Who knows :lol:
I already do. Reason being I like it better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know! :frown:
No I will keep mine. I don't see why I should be the one to give up my name. You never hear about Husbands taking the surname of their wife do you? I think the whole topic is slightly pathetic tbh and if someone approached me with that I'd laugh at them. Men can be petty.
Reply 19
Depends what it is, and whether it goes with my first name.

I'll probably end up double-barrelling my name (technically, it's already double barrelled, but I don't use my dad's surname)

Quick Reply

Latest