The Student Room Group

Whatever happened to old fashioned romance?

I would like to share a story with you of two lovers Fred and Rose who example should show young lovers today what they are missing. Try not to make nasty comments please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19rV-O2wQ7M
There is no such thing as romance. Romance is just a short lived infatuation which exists between two people. Therefore, it would be nice if you call it "short lived infatuation between 2 people".
Reply 2
Original post by How Are You?
There is no such thing as romance. Romance is just a short lived infatuation which exists between two people. Therefore, it would be nice if you call it "short lived infatuation between 2 people".

Somebody's been dumped recently...
Original post by Mackay
Somebody's been dumped recently...

I have a girlfriend thank you.
Romance mostly exists between a man and wife who work together in some rural idyll or a man with a housewife who lives either in some rural idyll or in some really expensive place in one of our nicer cities. Or students in love with each other ideals. If you're working class I salute you as things will get tougher. Stay together because not everyone has ideals.

Romance is cosiness between 2 people committed to each other for life where circumstances have conspired to ensure that they never really have to live in what most people regard as the real world.

Where romance does exist for people who don't fit these things, they valliantly struggle against the reality of their surroundings, often through having a strong faith in God or an insular lifestyle where they don't have to consider things like the class system too much.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending