Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I miss being Nat instead of almost always being only muuuuuuuuum

shudda used a johnny then init m8
Original post by swarly
shudda used a johnny then init m8

Why?

You think any parent enjoys 100% every aspect of parenthood? You're very naive if that's what you assume.

I lose myself sometimes, yep, and I dislike that, yep.
I also dislike nappy changes, being bothered at 6am, having to deal with sibling squabbles, and the arguments at mealtimes when one child or another dislikes their dinner, and countless other things about parenthood.

BUT....

the list of things I like about parenthood is longer.

If that's the advice to dish out to people simply because they have the odd grumble about being a parent, then you know nothing jon snow!
Reply 22
Why?

You think any parent enjoys 100% every aspect of parenthood? You're very naive if that's what you assume.

I lose myself sometimes, yep, and I dislike that, yep.
I also dislike nappy changes, being bothered at 6am, having to deal with sibling squabbles, and the arguments at mealtimes when one child or another dislikes their dinner, and countless other things about parenthood.

BUT....

the list of things I like about parenthood is longer.

If that's the advice to dish out to people simply because they have the odd grumble about being a parent, then you know nothing jon snow!

y not just get a nanny to do all the nasty grunt work?
Reply 23
Original post by swarly
why not just go dancing in the rain?

It's not raining at the moment.
Original post by swarly
y not just get a nanny to do all the nasty grunt work?

you gonna pay for one for me?
Reply 25
you gonna pay for one for me?

quid pro quo m8
Reply 26
Nah, current me is better in every conceivable aspect. How did I live without the beard...
Original post by swarly
whut:eek:

i've heard of good girls going bad, but never bad girls going good.

genuinely confused here:confused:

Bad girl is a bit of an exaggeration :laugh: I was just really rude and pretty much failing school. I dunno the person I was being wasn't really me to be honest - life's so much better now without all the fighting and crying
Reply 28
Original post by MidnightDream
Bad girl is a bit of an exaggeration :laugh: I was just really rude and pretty much failing school. I dunno the person I was being wasn't really me to be honest - life's so much better now without all the fighting and crying

So why were you pretending to be someone you're not?
Not really, I haven't really changed much as the changes that have occurred have been positive (eg, confidence). My situations have changed so sometimes I do miss my old life but I never really miss myself... If that makes sense?
Original post by swarly
I know what you mean, sometimes I hate you too.

Hahaha I'm not surprised :teehee:
Definitely miss the free-spirited kid in the photo album.
Original post by swarly
So why were you pretending to be someone you're not?

I wasn't really ever pretending, 'tis a little hard to explain. People around me and things that happened to me resulted in me into the person I was being it was like some weird sort of protection or something :laugh: so really I was being myself but in a sense I wasn't totally me
Thinking about things I did in the past makes me cringe :redface:
Reply 34
Original post by MidnightDream
I wasn't really ever pretending, 'tis a little hard to explain. People around me and things that happened to me resulted in me into the person I was being it was like some weird sort of protection or something :laugh: so really I was being myself but in a sense I wasn't totally me

oh so you're like Piper off Orange is the new black then?
Original post by Plumstone
I am pleased that I am more confident, more capable and more capable of standing up for myself than I used to be and in many ways I wish I had learned those lessons sooner in life.

When I was going through a rough time earlier this year, however, I looked back at my younger, carefree self and all I wanted was to be a happy little girl again.

Generally, though, I am happy with who I am and who I'm developing into.
hmm how did you become like that:?

so youre saying with maturity you lost that childish playfulness and innocence you once had..
The version of myself I am now is my favourite version of myself so far. :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by KittyRe-play
Yeah i miss myself! All those memories and good days with such less stress and responsibilities. I don't wanna grow up! :frown:

Me too :cry2:
Original post by swarly
oh so you're like Piper off Orange is the new black then?

Never seen it, sorry :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending