The Student Room Group
You will need a good, relevant degree - and to not have discussed your intentions with anyone.

https://www.sis.gov.uk/careers.html
Announcing to the world that you want to work for them will likely make it somewhat harder. The application process makes it very clear that you should not tell anyone that you're applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Announcing to the world that you want to work for them will likely make it somewhat harder. The application process makes it very clear that you should not tell anyone that you're applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not even past as levels yet? It's just an idea! I'm not definitely going to sigh up In 5 years
Reply 5
A 2:1 degree in a relevant course is required which is the biggest hurdle. British citizenship is required as well as passing a drugs test and an assessment on your financial status. After that it is down to your character which underpins their judgement. However, you didn't specify which role within the service that you wanted to take so it would depend. Make sure your A levels are 3 A*'s-C's!
What kind of drugs test do they use? Is it a blood, hair or urine test? I would like to know because I have no idea how MI6 usually test for this sort of thing.
You need to look at the role you want to do within the intelligence too
Reply 8
I applied a good few years ago now, so assuming things haven't changed... It was an online application, they asked a LOT of things including things like where my partner's parents were born, plus obviously your qualifications. Then online verbal/numerical tests (if I'm remembering right and not getting mixed up), which weren't too onerous. Then a telephone interview, which I seriously messed up (really nervous, and had to do it inbetween lectures so I was outdoors which they didn't like at all and nearly refused to do it). I think had I passed, the next step would have been face-to-face interview. There is some information on the website. You can also apply for a role in the administrative side rather than as an operational officer, which (again, if I remember correctly) didn't need a degree. Hope that helps!
Original post by returnmigrant
You will need a good, relevant degree - and to not have discussed your intentions with anyone.
I tried, impossible. Dads Palestinian and mums welsh.

https://www.sis.gov.uk/careers.html

Ibe

Latest

Trending

Trending