The Student Room Group

advice

hellooo my lovelys

wonder if any of you current a2 students or post a2 or just anyone at all could give me some advice.
im average at french although improving every day due to the amount of work im doing :biggrin: but already finding a2 topics difficult, the prob is i dont know what to say about issues such as politics and transport etc etc im not a very opiniated person so im already having difficulty trying to contruct answers to questions such as what political issues concern you...
im doing aqa if that helps anyone answer this question.
merci XXXX
Reply 1
cheers, it takes me about three hours to decipher one article in that but il def give it a go!
XXX
Reply 2
Subscribe to Authentik magazine. The topics in there are really close to the ones covered for AQA units 4 and 6 and there's lots of opinions and nice phrases in there that you can borrow :biggrin:
Reply 3
*soph*
Subscribe to Authentik magazine. The topics in there are really close to the ones covered for AQA units 4 and 6 and there's lots of opinions and nice phrases in there that you can borrow :biggrin:

Yes, do this. I didn't because I'm silly, but my teacher lent me a copy in the run up to the exams and it really helped. The articles are pretty short but there's some good vocab in there and it covers the A-level topics and you even get a nice little recording so you can practice listening too. It helped me in a short amount of time so I reckon if you read it for a whole year it would be invaluable.

Oh, and I'm not very opinionated either so I just gave very balanced answers to all the questions just to show I could argue both sides in French.
Reply 4
just keep learning the language by any means possible. Don't worry about the topics, they're as boring as hell and I often can't be bothered to get involved in class discussions, saying that most of my teachers can't be bothered to start the discussions either!
*soph*

i've heard of this before but i don't know how you go about subscribing to it... how much does it cost? can you subscribe online? is it only good for A Level or can it be used for first year degree as well?
xx Bex
i've heard of this before but i don't know how you go about subscribing to it... how much does it cost? can you subscribe online? is it only good for A Level or can it be used for first year degree as well?

I would say that it's only good for AS or A2 really.

Latest

Trending

Trending