The Student Room Group

applying for a course without all the requirements?.

i want to apply for chemical engineering and i most likely can get the grades but the requirements are maths and physics or engineering. now i do maths but not physics should i still apply or is it just waste of courses choice?and if say the course requirements is abb and my predicted is bbb can i still apply( i most likely get an a if i retake)?
Original post by the north
i want to apply for chemical engineering and i most likely can get the grades but the requirements are maths and physics or engineering. now i do maths but not physics should i still apply or is it just waste of courses choice?and if say the course requirements is abb and my predicted is bbb can i still apply( i most likely get an a if i retake)?

If physics is a requirement then your application will not even be considered

If it specifies maths and physics, then you will be filtered out and it will be a waste of a choice. If you are predicted BBB and they are asking ABB, there's nothing to stop you applying as your high risk choice, but make sure you have more suitable choices in the rest of your list.

which uni is asking for this? i know that birmingham requires a physics element with maths and chem but most unis ask for maths+ chem (possibly with another science subject)
Reply 4
Original post by corleone123
which uni is asking for this? i know that birmingham requires a physics element with maths and chem but most unis ask for maths+ chem (possibly with another science subject)

University of Aberdeen and its the only university which my predicted grades are met aswell
Reply 5
well i contacted the university any they said if i don't do physics then they will take my chemistry grade into consideration but it will put an emphasis on my maths grade. so yeah probably need to get and A/a* in maths
well i contacted the university any they said if i don't do physics then they will take my chemistry grade into consideration but it will put an emphasis on my maths grade. so yeah probably need to get and A/a* in maths

just make sure you pick lower risk unis as your other options, this one seems like a gamble considering most applicants will offer physics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending