The Student Room Group

How answer AS Psychology question?!

Is there a specific structure to answer evaluate, describe and explain questions for edexcel AS psychology
Any links/resources that will help me answer these types of questions?
Reply 1
bump.
For AQA, I did a point, then evaluate etc.
Original post by Elhamm
Is there a specific structure to answer evaluate, describe and explain questions for edexcel AS psychology
Any links/resources that will help me answer these types of questions?

Moved to Psychology section :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by orphan_black
For AQA, I did a point, then evaluate etc.

can you give me an example please :smile:
Original post by Elhamm
can you give me an example please :smile:

So let's say you're talking about a longitudinal study by X; you explain X's study and link its relevance to the questions, then evaluate X's study by saying that there's a methodological criticism in that longitudinal studies mean high drop out rates etc.
Hi, I'm on edexcel too but am now an A2. The key with this is there is a specific way of answering evaluation questions. The template is more or less the same for any evaluation point/question.

When evaluating a study e.g. Milgram (1963) (since this is usually the first one you look at) you use EEPRE (experimental validity, ecological validity, population validity, reliability and ethics), when it's a theory e.g. Milgram's agency theory (don't get confused, not being patronising but a lot of people in my year last year actually did) use EARINS (evidence, application, reductionism, individual differences, nature vs. nurture and scientific) now I'll give you the template since it doesn't really change, make sure you understand it and work off of this:

A strength of this (theory/study) is that it is (high/low) in (....) this is because (at this point use info such as location, variables, participants used, sampling methods, etc.) these all have template answers too but you'll have to work that out for yourself since it's too long for this. But this is basically it, good luck, you will need it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending