The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

University College London

Hey,
So I just started Sixth Form today, I've been looking into what universities I want to go to, University College London (UCL) Seemed like a pretty good one to me, As it's not too far from home & I don't want to move out.

On the application form it Says you need A*,A,A Which is fine, With lot's of hard work hopefully I can achieve that, What I'm not fine about is the fact that you need an B in English Language (Which I do not have, I only have a C in English language but a B in English Literature) Another requirement was to have a C in a Language, But I failed in French, I got a D :'( English & French were my worst subject in school, And these are the things which aren't enabling me to go :'( Is there anything which I can do? Other than re-take...? Is it possible they'll just let me off? Or can I lie & They not realise?
Thanks.
Reply 1
Well I know that A LEVELS are the most important thing taken into consideration, with an excellent personal statement and the correct A level requirements you're in with a good chance. They only use GCSEs to differentiate between two applicants that are very similar, and your GCSEs are pretty close to the requirements so I'm sure you'll be fine, unless you want to apply for really competitive courses like medicine/dentistry/law, then it would not be fine.

You definitely CANNOT LIE!!!! UCAS have this all checked out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 2en1
Well I know that A LEVELS are the most important thing taken into consideration, with an excellent personal statement and the correct A level requirements you're in with a good chance. They only use GCSEs to differentiate between two applicants that are very similar, and your GCSEs are pretty close to the requirements so I'm sure you'll be fine, unless you want to apply for really competitive courses like medicine/dentistry/law, then it would not be fine.

You definitely CANNOT LIE!!!! UCAS have this all checked out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok Thanks though :smile:
Shame I'm doing medicine though -_- lol.
So shall I still apply even though my GCSEs aren't up to requirements or just look elsewhere?
Reply 3
Original post by Rstlss
Oh ok Thanks though :smile:
Shame I'm doing medicine though -_- lol.
So shall I still apply even though my GCSEs aren't up to requirements or just look elsewhere?

What course is this for?

If it's Law/Economics etc, you may want to put it as your "ambitious choice" but be prepared for a rejection. Applicants who actually meet and far exceed the requirements are rejected every year.
Reply 4
The course I want to do is Medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending