The Student Room Group

Returning to college

Hello,

I'd like to know of any institutions in and around the Surrey area that will allow me (aged 21) to take 2 A-levels.

I'd like to take Economics and Spanish. I'm aware that Guildford College do an Economics A-level for around £600 but I'd rather not go to two different places.

I already have 3 A-levels and a degree, but due to personal circumstances I'm not in a position to start a career right away so I'd like to do some learning in the meantime. I'm aware I will probably need to pay a substantial amount but I'd prefer to do them as taught courses as opposed to distance learning.

Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated.
Reply 1
As far s I am aware, most colleges allow people, regardless of their age, to join courses.

I'll be 22 when I join my college, and they seem ok with it.

I did a BTEC in IT when I left school, and one of the guy in the "year" below me was in his mid 40's and a painter and decorator!

You could always try the National Extended College which offers both GCSE's and Alevels as distant learning courses. It's the seconday education version of the Open University.

Speaking of which,m you could even try a course or two at the Open University, as they might be more suited for you.

For both options you can still work, which makes it a little easier!

Quick Reply

Latest