The Student Room Group

Last choice!

I still haven't decided on a last choice and I want to send my application sometime next week and I am really starting to worry as I dont want to apply to just 5.

Stolen from the entry requirement thread! The ones in red are a no, green I am applying to and purple I am not sure!

Birmingham
Cambridge
Cardiff

Durham
Leeds
Newcastle

Nottingham
Oxford

Sheffield
SOAS
Warwick
Exeter
Queens Belfast
UCL
Manchester

Southampton
LSE
Bristol
UEA

KCL AAB
Leicester AAB
Liverpool AAB
Reading AAB

Lancaster AAB

Essex AAB-ABB
Brunel ABB
City ABB
Kent ABB
Sussex ABB

Northumbria ABB
Swansea ABB
Hull ABB

Aberdeen BBB
Edinburgh BBB
Oxford Brookes BBB

Queen Mary BBB-AAB
Keele BBB-ABB
Westminster ABB

That was fun:rolleyes: Now someone tell me which:p:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can personally vouch for Sheffield - I've been impressed over the past week and a half since I started my LPC. My cousin did the LLB here as well, and spoke highly of staff, teaching, facilities, etc.

The city is a great student city as well - I've lived just outside it all my life, and the shopping is improving every day, and the social side is great too :smile: A very friendly city, I feel really safe, and its cheaper than a lot of cities. (I know you're commuting so won't need accom info, but even for things like parking and nights out its much cheaper than say, Leeds)

Hope that helps a bit....
Reply 2
I'd personally go for Leeds - it's literally heaving with realllllllllllly hot guys. Don't apply to Lancaster; I really didn't like it when I visited a mate there. It's in the middle of the countryside, like wtf?!
Reply 3
ellewoods
I can personally vouch for Sheffield - I've been impressed over the past week and a half since I started my LPC. My cousin did the LLB here as well, and spoke highly of staff, teaching, facilities, etc.

The city is a great student city as well - I've lived just outside it all my life, and the shopping is improving every day, and the social side is great too :smile: A very friendly city, I feel really safe, and its cheaper than a lot of cities. (I know you're commuting so won't need accom info, but even for things like parking and nights out its much cheaper than say, Leeds)

Hope that helps a bit....

I totally agree. I often travel to Sheffield for a day out. Go to Sheffield, if I didn't want to move away I would have gone to Sheffield. Ellewoods, make sure you visit no1 Oriental it is a fantastic all you can eat Chinese and is only a fiver for students!
Reply 4
RR
I'd personally go for Leeds - it's literally heaving with realllllllllllly hot guys. Don't apply to Lancaster; I really didn't like it when I visited a mate there. It's in the middle of the countryside, like wtf?!

Deffo go for Leeds because of this reason! :biggrin: You'll have more fun hehe
Reply 5
Ignore what others have said/will say, just go to Sheffield!
Reply 6
I have a boyfriend, so I wont be going to Leeds for 'hot' guys.
Reply 7
kirstinx
I have a boyfriend, so I wont be going to Leeds for 'hot' guys.

Well you never know...

With all the talent in Leeds it might be difficult to resist temptation. I know I wouldn't be able to! :wink:
Reply 8
simply_greg
Deffo go for Leeds because of this reason! :biggrin: You'll have more fun hehe

Darling are you gay?
Reply 9
Maybe you should give us some opinions. Why don't you want to go to any of those schools? What is stopping you from making a decision etc.?
Sheffield send offers damn fast, the yhave the best admissions procedure of anyschool from what I hear ... if you go for them odds on you will have a strong place pretty quickly and wont stress and its probably one of the better of the schools you outlined.
Reply 11
RR
Darling are you gay?

According to who I wake up next to after..... yes :p: But I just take this as a GENERAL indication lol :wink:

Yes - and I have a PS waiting to be read on behalf of a friend *nudge nudge* stick together and all..... hahaha:biggrin:
Reply 12
RR
Well you never know...

With all the talent in Leeds it might be difficult to resist temptation. I know I wouldn't be able to! :wink:

I would be able to.
Reply 13
Just thought I'd butt in add my 2cents.

Sheffield is a decent choice. Like Elle said it's really cheap to live in, and student nightlife is great as it caters for loads of students (Hallam+UoS = Bajillions of students!!!), and UoS has one of the best Unions in the UK. The University itself, is pretty decent, and part of the Russell Group.

Bad points - Well, it's extremely hilly, great for running not so when your going on a night out. The law library could be improved a bit, as many of the texts are lacking in numbers. There is the main library - MASSIVE, which is open 24hrs during exam time.

If your doing law, then expect roughly 400 odd students to be in your year. Yes, there are a lot of them!!! Therefore the core subjects such as Public Law, Contract and ILLS will be based in the Octagon, which is basically a massive audotorium. So depending on where you live, expect to be walking, if you choose Halls of Residence, then Tapton is the recommended one, 5 mins from the law library, about 10mins from the Octagon.

The gym is really good, and they usually have special offers for students.

Apart from that, what can I say?
400 students... must be one of the biggest in the UK!! We had 250 or so in first year and I thought that was alot...
Reply 15
I heard that the Law course at Northumbria is excellent and very popular, but I also noticed that is does go into Clearing and that the clearing grades required are only BCC! On the plus though, if you missed your offer, it might not make a difference.
Reply 16
Regarding the Law library, when I was at the Durham open day they said that you get internet access to an online library which has every publication online, is this the case for all unis?
Reply 17
I would guess so. There is a service similar at Cardiff.
When they say every publication online do they mean an online catalogue or scan ins of every book ... I suspect the first and if so then yes everywhere has it if its the latter then its probably illegal!

For law though they give you usernames and passwords to sites which are chokka block with articles and stuff and cases like westlaw/lexis etc.
Reply 19
Not sure, they just said you wouldnt need to go to the library because everything is online.

Latest

Trending

Trending