The Student Room Group

The phasing out of graduate entry medicine???

I have heard from a a few sources including a commentor from a thread on TSR - I can't remember which though about the possible closing of gradate entry medicine so the 4 year accelerated degree would no longer be an option. I am about to go into my 2nd year of a 4yr degree and am thinking about medicine as a possible career and which the lengthening of Imperial extending their degree to a 5 year course and Leicester no longer running theres - I was wondering whether it may be possible that by the time I come to apply in 3/4 years will graduate entry medicine have been phasing out.
Reply 1
Original post by Silva1947
I have heard from a a few sources including a commentor from a thread on TSR - I can't remember which though about the possible closing of gradate entry medicine so the 4 year accelerated degree would no longer be an option. I am about to go into my 2nd year of a 4yr degree and am thinking about medicine as a possible career and which the lengthening of Imperial extending their degree to a 5 year course and Leicester no longer running theres - I was wondering whether it may be possible that by the time I come to apply in 3/4 years will graduate entry medicine have been phasing out.

Possibly, I don't know what anyone can tell you because no-one here would know for sure.
I personally doubt it but then who can know for sure.

What would you do differently if you did know it was being phased out?
Reply 3
Original post by nexttime
I personally doubt it but then who can know for sure.

What would you do differently if you did know it was being phased out?

Well I can apply for the 6 yr courses (foundation to medicine) as I meet the requirements but I don't know whether thats too much of a risky option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending