The Student Room Group

What advice would you give

I was collectively raised with my cousins family and my two brothers and spent nearly our entire lives at their house.My dad wasn't really there for me when growing up, he was very shy, timid and afraid of confrontation.My mum was very overprotective and very loud always wanting her opinion to be heard.She had a saying"Don't question me.My opinion is always right".She raised me and my BROTHER differently to my cousins in the fact she always thought success will guarantee happiness.Saying "You have to be cruel to be kind".She was very strict in the way she looked at how we were doing in school she always compared us to other kids and I don't mean just briefly she was very nosey and rude in sneakily seeing how other kids are doing.I was the only kid within the household to stand up and be defiant and go beyond boundaries .
In house full of 11 people(relatives and all) their were often personality clashes which wasn't healthy for all of the children often these were verbal but when things got physical the police were called.It was often upsetting and embarrassing.My mum who was taken away in the back of a police car once was very cocky and arrogant in that she was smiling and acting as if she had owns everything.Tensions started rising between the aunts and uncles and my mum.Whilst my dad was always quiet and always on his own avoiding a fight.My mum always threatened me whenever I said something witty against her suggesting "you will end up like my dad "

A few years later my parents divorced and the my younger brother who was only about 5 was upset and so was my older brother.Things soon changed as me and my brothers were bullied for completely different reasons.It was horrible hearing your big brother lock himself in a toilet and cry.Whilst this was going on my mum had began a new relationship without the extended family knowing,she began to become extremely bitter towards her parents and her siblings and even me her own son.
The bullying that happened to me was to an extreme level.I was emotionally and physically scared of everyone.i remember being attacked on my way home by 8 boys whilst i had my headphones in my ears.Two girls had also recorded me being beaten up.I couldn't talk to anyone therefore I bottled it all up.Because of this i became very sensitive and nearly anything anyone says would be seen as and insult or picking on me. What didn't help either was the fact that my cousins and my brothers who themselves were being bullied picked on me.I became very depressed and angry and hated myself.

Whilst my mums new partner was secretly visiting without the outer family knowing she said "I will end up a loner just like your dad" comments like this caused me to try to commit suicide anything from pills to cutting my wrist it was horrible even at age 13.
The bullying started at year 7 and finished at 6th form AS. After i had got a range of bad exam result and anxiety and stress.I put on weight took less care of myself and kept blaming myself because I was bullied for so long.

I then changed college half way through A levels so I thought I could have a fresh start and be more confident in myself.However my mums partner broke up with her and all the attention is back with her angry comments towards family members and others.She also suggest shes depressed because of her divorce even though it happened 7-8 years back after her new relationship.It seems I am in some sort of hangover mode since the abusive comments from my family and the bullying at school.
I am now In my last year of A levels(redone a year) and hoping to do well at university.But my mum is still controlling and cocky I still live under her roof and she keeps asking me what have I done with my life .She always mentions my dad saying all of her kids will end up like him . she used the words "sad loner" to describe me to her partner the first time we met.
I just need some advice or your opinions,i have sat down and had a serious conversation about my past and how i feel emotionally but she has ended up being childish and cocky and even walking away from the conversation.

Thank you for reading
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending