The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades

Right well i want to apply to uni this year and i know that on our UCAS forms there will be our predicted A2 grades. I will be predicted A economics A history and B biology at A2 and i have a B at maths AS. Now 3 of the courses require AAB which i should get i was just wondering whether anybody thinks it would be beneficial for me to ask to be predicted an A in Biology so i have AAA, i got a B at AS but was only about 8 marks off so if i were to work very hard i could get it. Do you think having better predictions would help me in getting in or will they make little difference?
Reply 1
ZanyZanny
Right well i want to apply to uni this year and i know that on our UCAS forms there will be our predicted A2 grades. I will be predicted A economics A history and B biology with a B at maths AS. Now 3 of the courses require AAB which i should get i was just wondering whether anybody thinks it would be beneficial for me to ask to be predicted an A in Biology so i have AAA, i got a B at AS but was only about 8 marks off so if i were to work very hard i could get it. Do you think having better predictions would help me in getting in or will they make little difference?

well they say A2 is harder than AS so i'd personally stick with the AABB which are perfectly fine grades consideriing your doing 4 real A2's (by real i mean not gen studs)
mtbab
well they say A2 is harder than AS so i'd personally stick with the AABB which are perfectly fine grades consideriing your doing 4 real A2's (by real i mean not gen studs)

:ditto: If the courses only want AAB and you're predicted AABb, you should be fine. 8 marks off an A may not seem a lot, but it means you'd have to get 8 marks over an A at A2, assuming you're not resitting anything, and A2 is harder.
mtbab

I actually think the OP has AABb (slight difference :smile:).

If you can convince your Biology teacher that you are willing to either resit modules, or work much harder this year and get an A prediction then that is certainly something i would look into. However, applying with AAB is certainly more than suitable, especially since they are the published typical grade requirements.
Reply 4
michaelbenson
I actually think the OP has AABb (slight difference :smile:).

If you can convince your Biology teacher that you are willing to either resit modules, or work much harder this year and get an A prediction then that is certainly something i would look into. However, applying with AAB is certainly more than suitable, especially since they are the published typical grade requirements.

ohh i didnt read it properly blind me (and i'm applying for law pfft! lol) but yeh still AAB is perfectly fine i do think, its what i'm predicted anyway lol
Reply 5
what do you lot think : are predicted grades more vital or reference or ps. try not to say a mix.
Reply 6
haha a mix, i'd say a bad reference will ruin it for you. not having the grades by a mile off for the course and you just wont get an offer. a bad ps wont get you an offer either so yeh a mix lol i'd say reference more though coz a bad reference and you done for some unis may bypassa bad ps or skip over ure grades not so much but if ure own school cant say sumthing nice about you well what impression does that give lol
giggsy
what do you lot think : are predicted grades more vital or reference or ps. try not to say a mix.

Well, it is a mix :p: But I'd say predicted grades, then personal statement, then reference. Predicted grades because they need to know you have a good chance of meeting their typical offer, personal statement because they need to know you really want to do the course and are motivated to work hard and reference because they need to know what kind of student you are and what you're like to teach.

Latest

Trending

Trending