The Student Room Group

Guys on TSR need to chill out

1. stop banging on about not being able to hit a woman if she hits you back it makes you look seriously weak and looking for an excuse to handle a woman.

2. Women are not sluts because they like sex

3. Not every conversation has to devolve into a pissing contest about feminism.

Scroll to see replies

Lol exactly
strong rep whoring

ot - it's only on the internet that people act like this, in the real world no one really gives two ****s
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Are you lost, my love?
which guys? if you're gonna make a thread you may as well name them
It wasn't me
Reply 6
Original post by Arithmeticae
it's only on the internet that people act like this, in the real world no one really gives two ****s

tbh you might be right I suspect half of them have probably never been in relationship much less courted a woman.
Reply 7
Original post by white boy
which guys? if you're gonna make a thread you may as well name them

Erm they know themselves
Original post by Marky Mark
Erm they know themselves

Is it Doob?
1. stop banging on about not being able to hit a woman if she hits you back it makes you look seriously weak and looking for an excuse to handle a woman.

2. Women are not sluts because they like sex

3. Not every conversation has to devolve into a pissing contest about feminism.

Everything is correct, but does this actually happen on TSR?
I'm sure the moderators will block these certain types of threads because of its irrelevance.
Erm they know themselves

but i don't know them and i'm the one who asked
Yeah, they just gotta get some of that Hawaiian air and chill down dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
You have to understand that an internet forum like this will mostly attract and is largely aimed at 16-21 year old young men finding their way in life, often socially awkward, who have yet to develop full emotional maturity, and therefore likely to take out the majority of it on women.

1. 'Misandry'-a man should be able to act in self-defence, and only self-defence, against a markedly aggressive woman. There is a recent case on a woman who assaulted a man with a glass bottle, who was acquitted because of this. I am not trying to make it OK to hit a woman, what do you take me for? But if an aggressor of either gender put your life in danger, either gender should be able to act in self-defence.

I can't believe you could say if a woman tries to knife me, I should stand there and let her because she's a woman dude.

2. I wouldn't judge a woman who has had several relationships involving sex, however I universally disapprove of one night stands. But this applies to men too, so I wouldn't call her a 'slut' or him a 'stud', I just don't get the appeal of ONS overall. I will admit I'm a virgin, so call me bitter if you must

3. Due to the age group there is a large quantity of misogynistic men on here; this is born from a combination of social anxiety around women, sometimes deeper insecurities and the effect of patriarchy-note your use of 'it makes you seriously look weak' reinforcing negative patriarchal effects. There are indeed a couple of 'white knights' (one could say your post is to an extent), and a few young women recently converted to feminism who hold radical views, along with some young radical feminists of some time. As with most ideology they start with radical views and slowly become more conservative/moderate over time.

The public sphere is open for all to have debate and discussion, even controversial and aggressive views. I still hold were society to concede a sphere for men's issues to be discussed freely then a lot of men would be much less aggressive towards feminism.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Erm they know themselves

Is it me?

Doob is a troll with strange popularity, he acts as a BB Miscer and is of around sixth form age.
but who is humouring them, arguing with them, prolonging these conversations? If no-one responded to them they would probably get bored and return to TRP or some other dark corner of the internet.
1) I don't care if you're a woman, or a weak man. Prepare to be handled if you touch me. Umad?

2) Isn't that the definition of 'slut'? Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being a slut/playa.

3) It's fun to annoy feminazis.
Lol its like you just made a compilation of tsr hot topics that would guarantee lots of unrelated replies and put them in the same thread in a failed attempt at stirring up ****.

Well done :clap:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
1) I don't care if you're a woman, or a weak man. Prepare to be handled if you touch me. Umad?

2) Isn't that the definition of 'slut'? Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being a slut/playa.

3) It's fun to annoy feminazis.

10/10 would read again - IGN "he has a point m8"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Let's ignore your other points which I can partially agree with, and have explained above.

1. Wait a minute: can I just clarify, if a woman tries to hit me and beat me to death, or approaches me aggressively and attempts to assault me, for example with a knife or a glass bottle, I should not be able to act in self-defence purely because she is a woman, and if I do I am a weak man?

Do not make me put this in the 'infected by misandrist views' thread. I can't believe we have to discuss this, and this is a very weird first point about gender double standards to choose.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Riku
Is it me?

Doob is a troll with strange popularity, he acts as a BB Miscer and is of around sixth form age.

Original post by white boy
but i don't know them and i'm the one who asked

Original post by JindleBrey
Is it Doob?

It's not one person.

It seems that at time it's more than 50% of male chat frequenters tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest