The Student Room Group

Queen's University Belfast (QUB) Medicine Applicants (A100) for 2015 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blissfully
do QUB offer cadaveric dissection? (and if so what year?)

Yes, 1 & 2
got my interview in a couple of hours - I don't feel very prepared tbh :rolleyes:
Original post by emmalav
Glad to here it went well , did you find it easy or hard to talk for the 5 minutes . Im usually quite talkative but just worried i wont be able to talk about the one topic for 5 minutes.

Hi some of the stations are designed to put you in a situation where you really struggle to think of points on the spot and for those the 5 minutes can seem long, but for most others the time flies by.

Don't worry about having to talk for 5 minutes straight. I found most of the interviewers helpful and they are willing to help you out if you get stuck on anything/give you prompts.

I can understand your nervous and trust me I was really nervous before my MMI since I had no idea what to expect.

Don't worry about having to talk for 5 minutes/getting lost on the circuit etc...
They give a detailed briefing and there are several invidulators scattered around your circuit.
Tbh QUB have done their very best to make this interview as less stressful as possible.
Original post by emmalav
Thank you so much , thats such a relief. I was nervous that they wouldnt give you prompts ; thanks for your help :smile:

No problem. Obviously there's very little I can actually do to help you out and calm your nerves as they made us sign a confidentiality agreement.

Yeah they do give u prompts. Obviously there are going to be times where you stutter and can't think of stuff to say but QUB prefer you to give a spontaneous answer as opposed to a rehearsed one.

As I said there's no way on earth you can prepare for most of those stations as some are soo obscure. So just be yourself and be natural.

Tbh the worst part of the interview is actually getting there. Both acacademically and physically (as I had to fly over to Belfast). Once you start the MMIs they're really fun :smile:

Also definitely go on the campus. It's really comprehensive (mine was about 2 hrs and there were only 5 of us) and the medical students are really friendly !!!! :smile:
Good luck !!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by futuremedic19
No problem. Obviously there's very little I can actually do to help you out and calm your nerves as they made us sign a confidentiality agreement.

Yeah they do give u prompts. Obviously there are going to be times where you stutter and can't think of stuff to say but QUB prefer you to give a spontaneous answer as opposed to a rehearsed one.

As I said there's no way on earth you can prepare for most of those stations as some are soo obscure. So just be yourself and be natural.

Tbh the worst part of the interview is actually getting there. Both acacademically and physically (as I had to fly over to Belfast). Once you start the MMIs they're really fun :smile:

Also definitely go on the campus. It's really comprehensive (mine was about 2 hrs and there were only 5 of us) and the medical students are really friendly !!!! :smile:
Good luck !!!

Thanks, sounds great ! Im looking forward to it a bit more now :smile:
Reply 745
I felt my MMI was quite the disaster. I kept rambling on in the stations. In all but one station, it would end while I was mid sentence. I could never come to a conclusive end in the role play, the bell would ring whilst I was addressing a point. It doesn't help when many of your peers seem to think it went marvelously. :frown:
had my MMI today (well technically yesterday now) and I felt it was kind of awkward and difficult as i had a lot of silences, how did everyone else find it?
Original post by blissfully
had my MMI today (well technically yesterday now) and I felt it was kind of awkward and difficult as i had a lot of silences, how did everyone else find it?

Same. No way in earth could you prepare for some of the stations. I felt one station went really bad, 3 were about average where I felt I could've done a lot better and the other 4 went really well.
So tbh I'm not sure whether or not I've done enough for the offer :frown:

I really love the fact that you get a clean slate every time and if you ruined your impression in one of the stations then you could make it up on the other.

The rest stations were a life saver though !!!
Same. No way in earth could you prepare for some of the stations. I felt one station went really bad, 3 were about average where I felt I could've done a lot better and the other 4 went really well.

I really love the fact that you get a clean slate every time and if you ruined your impression in one of the stations then you could make it up on the other.

Guys, remember that they are looking at potential and not polished performances. I would refer you back to the example video and how awkward and stumbling and embarrassing that guy was. Yet, he was officially good!

Don't stress. On to other interviews and don't forget the old A levels!
Original post by russellwallace

Guys, remember that they are looking at potential and not polished performances. I would refer you back to the example video and how awkward and stumbling and embarrassing that guy was. Yet, he was officially good!

Would you say that the guy in the video would have got an offer based on his performance:s-smilie:
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Would you say that the guy in the video would have got an offer based on his performance:s-smilie:

The absolutely official line from the Queens selectors is that he did a good job. The only thing he would have been marked down on was that he did not tell her his name until she asked. He would have passed that station.
The absolutely official line from the Queens selectors is that he did a good job. The only thing he would have been marked down on was that he did not tell her his name until she asked. He would have passed that station.

Oh ok:smile:
Did anyone else find the interview pretty difficult? 2/3 of the stations I ran out of stuff to say or the interviewer kept asking if there was anything else and i didn't really have much else to say so was pretty awkward :/
Original post by Bluegirl33
Did anyone else find the interview pretty difficult? 2/3 of the stations I ran out of stuff to say or the interviewer kept asking if there was anything else and i didn't really have much else to say so was pretty awkward :/

I did, i thought there were too many role plays too
Original post by faddys123
I did, i thought there were too many role plays too

Aw really, I actually quite enjoyed the role plays it was more the situational stuff that I didn't like, especially as some of it I could see no relevance in
Reply 755
I felt they were quite difficult, I would realise the important things to ask/say AFTER the station had ended. I was quite upset

well i think most of the stations were quite generic and you could prepare for most of them - just obviously not predict the exact scenario - however i did feel that i had loads of time left after a lot of stations and just sat there awkwardly but most interviewers were friendly (some looked at me as if I have was stupid which was kind of pressurising)

thanks, i was about as awkward as that guy was in that video so that's good!
So, did anyone get any replies from their interviews?
Original post by StellaRawr11
So, did anyone get any replies from their interviews?

They told us on the interview day that we wouldn't hear til end of April/ start of may!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 759
Original post by ccasey1995
They told us on the interview day that we wouldn't hear til end of April/ start of may!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No... They said end of March start of April. So about 7 weeks from now they will start making offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending