The Student Room Group

How do I revise for GCSE maths?

I am a C grade student, I'm close to a B according to my teacher, but I don't feel as if I am. I have tried so many times to revise for maths using online activities and revision books but I they don't help me at all. The best way of revising for me is someone there helping me through but my parents aren't good at maths and I can't afford a tutor. I am getting the maximum amount of help at school they can give me but I feel like its not enough.

Whats the best way of revising and learning maths outside of school? Please suggest any books or websites! Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by quinoa
I am a C grade student, I'm close to a B according to my teacher, but I don't feel as if I am. I have tried so many times to revise for maths using online activities and revision books but I they don't help me at all. The best way of revising for me is someone there helping me through but my parents aren't good at maths and I can't afford a tutor. I am getting the maximum amount of help at school they can give me but I feel like its not enough.

Whats the best way of revising and learning maths outside of school? Please suggest any books or websites! Thank you in advance!

Mathswatchvle.com or mathswatch.com got me from a u to a b in 2 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by quinoa

best book is one i used, http://www.scribd.com/doc/109000747/GCSE-Maths-2tier-Higher-for-Edexcel-a-Collins-2006
Make sure you go through past paper and the questions you get wrong. Revise it ,for maths you just need to practise.
Buy the cgp maths tutor DVD rom, lifesaver

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest