The Student Room Group

Is it wise to say I'm re-sitting AS exam on PS?

Hi folks...
AS ABBC.....was v disappointed to get the C (biology CCEA).
Other results maths A, physics B and French B (dropped).
I had planned to study biology/zoology but after results have had a change of direction and, although I like biology as a subject, feel I should go for something that will be more suited to my strengths and am now thinking of earth sciences, geophysics in particular.
So, is it wise to say something along the lines of 'I feel I under performed in my biology AS and am fully committed to aim for much improved grade at A2'?
Cant decide if this highlights the fact I got a poor grade, or justifies it.
My first choice needs AAA, so feel a commitment to working my socks off this year may be needed.
Your thoughts on this would be welcome!
thanks
If you're doing a resit, you'll have entered that into the qualification section of your application so they'll know anyway. If you really feel that it needs mentioning, it's probably better to ask for it to be mentioned in your reference as the PS should be more positive, don't waste space in it talking about bad grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minky55
Hi folks...
AS ABBC.....was v disappointed to get the C (biology CCEA).
Other results maths A, physics B and French B (dropped).
I had planned to study biology/zoology but after results have had a change of direction and, although I like biology as a subject, feel I should go for something that will be more suited to my strengths and am now thinking of earth sciences, geophysics in particular.
So, is it wise to say something along the lines of 'I feel I under performed in my biology AS and am fully committed to aim for much improved grade at A2'?
Cant decide if this highlights the fact I got a poor grade, or justifies it.
My first choice needs AAA, so feel a commitment to working my socks off this year may be needed.
Your thoughts on this would be welcome!
thanks

Don't put it. It's meaningless. Anyone could say they under performed and it doesn't make it either true or relevant. The ps should be a positive statement about the future
Reply 3
Thanks, I wanted it mentioned somewhere, and the reference would be much better.
I don't feel like putting a negative in what is otherwise a pretty strong PS.
Minky
Original post by Minky55
Thanks, I wanted it mentioned somewhere, and the reference would be much better.
I don't feel like putting a negative in what is otherwise a pretty strong PS.
Minky

The resit will be mentioned on your application, in the qualifications section. It's a waste of characters to repeat this information. Usually, admissions tutors won't be interested in your own opinion of how you've done in exams. If it's mentioned on your reference, your referee will probably express the opinion of your biology teacher(s)- what do you think their assessment of your performance is likely to be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending