The Student Room Group

Saying Goodbye...

How do you say goodbye to so many people? I can understand 1 or 2 people, but I am about 2 start a gap year.

Where I wont see all my friends from school, people Ive known for 7 or more years, people from my hobbies which is quite a few sports., friends from around the place off 2 University who ive knwon 15 years.

I dont know what to do or say, Goodbye to everyone who has influenced my life? Doubt I will see most of you again... Ahhh just needed to get that out.
Maybe throw a big party with all those friends?
Reply 2
yeah a party :smile: and trying to reminisce good times rather than being all doom and gloom.
Reply 3
You get over it surprisingly easily.

It's not like you're dying.
Reply 4
Mipmapped is correct, all you need is yourself really, hard as it may seem right now.
Anonymous
How do you say goodbye to so many people? I can understand 1 or 2 people, but I am about 2 start a gap year.

Where I wont see all my friends from school, people Ive known for 7 or more years, people from my hobbies which is quite a few sports., friends from around the place off 2 University who ive knwon 15 years.

I dont know what to do or say, Goodbye to everyone who has influenced my life? Doubt I will see most of you again... Ahhh just needed to get that out.

well only say bye to the ones yousee, then you wont get too upset
If it was me I'd throw one massive party with everyone there!
Yeah, I think the party idea is a good one. Also pick a few who you're gonna stay in touch with and make sure you do that properly. Depending on what you're doing in your gap year, you could always send round the odd email from wherever you are; I'm sure they'll enjoy hearing from you and you'll probably get the odd reply too! It's less hard than you imagine it will be now; you'll do things you've never done, meet weird and wonderful people and make a load of new friends (probably!) Just don't live in the past, remember the good times but make the most of what comes your way in the future! :smile:
Reply 8
It's hard but you'll always make new friends whatever you do.
Reply 9
It's not goodbye though is it? It's a see you later :smile: therefore not as hard (trust me it works! :smile:)

Latest

Trending

Trending