The Student Room Group

9 Middle-aged White women convicted for mass fraud via pyramid scheme

now have been sent to jail, for 9 months for cheating people out of their savings.

Please discuss this

Scroll to see replies

Gullible morons should know it's not that easy to make money. I feel little sympathy for the victims.
Original post by Reformed
now have been sent to jail, for 9 months for cheating people out of their savings.

Please discuss this

Why is it relevant that they are white, middle-aged or female? Or even that there are nine?

Any relevant discussion, surely, is moot, as it must be reasonable to expect that frauds who prey on innocent people should go to gaol.
Reply 3
Original post by tengentoppa
Gullible morons should know it's not that easy to make money. I feel little sympathy for the victims.

these white women made a lot of money, tens of thousands. that is the carrot used to trick other people think they can also make money, when all it is a big con
Could we have a link to the story? Clearly there is a lot more to it.
Reply 5
Original post by Good bloke
Why is it relevant that they are white, middle-aged or female? Or even that there are nine?

Any relevant discussion, surely, is moot, as it must be reasonable to expect that frauds who prey on innocent people should go to gaol.

9 months is not very long in jail, eevn you surely must agree
(edited 9 years ago)
9 months is not very long in jail, you surely must agree

It would be nine months too long for me.
WHY is WOMEN not capitalised in the title??????? Middle-aged & white are both capitalised so OP must be a filthy MISOGYNIST.
Reply 8
It would be nine months too long for me.

if a black man robbed a bank of tens of thousands of pounds, he would be jailed for 15 years. please discuss this
if a black man robbed a bank of tens of thousands of pounds, he would be jailed for 15 years. please discuss this

Again, why is the robber's skin colour relevant?
Reply 10
Again, why is the robber's skin colour relevant?

i dont know you tell me
i dont know you tell me

You made a point of mentioning it. You tell me why you did so.
Has anyone asked leaders of the white community to give their opinions on this yet? When can I see the newspaper stories explaining that not all middle aged people are like this?

I just don't think I can trust another middle aged person again.
Reply 13
You made a point of mentioning it. You tell me why you did so.
no im saying it shouldnt make a difference. but a black robber gets 15 years in jail and a gang of middle aged white women stealing perhaps more money get 9 months in jail. cna you explain the difference.
Original post by ManifoldManifest
Has anyone asked leaders of the white community to give their opinions on this yet? When can I see the newspaper stories explaining that not all middle aged people are like this?

The crime statistics speak for themselves.
Reply 15

Anne Widdicombe has refused to comment
Reply 16
Original post by james22
The crime statistics speak for themselves.

under the new laws against pyramid scheme fraud, the current statisics are 100% convictions are of white middle aged women
Reply 17
no im saying it shouldnt make a difference. but a black robber gets 15 years in jail and a gang of middle aged white women stealing perhaps more money get 9 months in jail. cna you explain the difference.

Perhaps because fraud and bank robbery are two different crimes.
Reply 18
Original post by Aj12
Perhaps because fraud and bank robbery are two different crimes.

they are both theft of money, amounts maybe similar. i would argue stealing from people directly is wore than stealing from a large heavily insured bank
middle-aged persons are bad enough; middle aged-women are particularly dangerous, but white middle-aged women are a complete no-no.

As for people who associate 9 by 9, please, don't get me started ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending