The Student Room Group

BIOLOGY Field trip:Margram discovery center wales.

hiya,
i just wanted to open this thread ,to ask advice on what i should take to the center clothing wise.
Also i would like to ask if there are any close food places next to the center as many people are saying that we should bring our own food.
This for people doing biology edexcel A2. i will be going on september the 29th.
neima
Omg :') I remember going on this trip last year.

I suggest you bring tracksuit bottoms and some trainers you don't care about getting dirty and are comfy. You'll be doing a lot of walking. Trust me on this. Coat and a scarf. Maybe wellingtons, but they provide for you, but some of them are really dirty and holes lol. There's no food pleace anywhere, it's literally in the middle on nowhere (but I liked that because it was pretty peaceful tbh) they give you cake and stuff in the middle of the day so it's alright! You get breakfast, lunch (like sandwiches, meh) and dinner so you don't really need to bring your own food. The rooms are pretty nice as well but one down side...there's no wifi lol and if you're under O2 don't expect to get reception from last years experience. You'll have to entertain yourself with UNO or the games room. You might also get addicted to the hot chocolate there and there will be conflict over washing up.

I hope you don't get stuck in the back end of the typhoon like my year did...which pretty much ruined our results and we ended up making them up :s have fun...well, try to :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Youni-chan
Omg :') I remember going on this trip last year.

I suggest you bring tracksuit bottoms and some trainers you don't care about getting dirty and are comfy. You'll be doing a lot of walking. Trust me on this. Coat and a scarf. Maybe wellingtons, but they provide for you, but some of them are really dirty and holes lol. There's no food pleace anywhere, it's literally in the middle on nowhere (but I liked that because it was pretty peaceful tbh) they give you cake and stuff in the middle of the day so it's alright! You get breakfast, lunch (like sandwiches, meh) and dinner so you don't really need to bring your own food. The rooms are pretty nice as well but one down side...there's no wifi lol and if you're under O2 don't expect to get reception from last years experience. You'll have to entertain yourself with UNO or the games room. You might also get addicted to the hot chocolate there and there will be conflict over washing up.

I hope you don't get stuck in the back end of the typhoon like my year did...which pretty much ruined our results and we ended up making them up :s have fun...well, try to :smile:

Hiya,
is there no way i can wear jeans , i can protect them with knee high wellies and a rain coat.
All my A2 friends said the food was nasty and to bring your own food ,might just bring food as a precaution.
My friend just googled pizza hut (ha ha ha ) and saw it was 19 minutes away from the center ,because shes a fussy eater.:colondollar:
The website states theres wife :s-smilie::s-smilie::|
Reply 3
Original post by nnemo
Hiya,
is there no way i can wear jeans , i can protect them with knee high wellies and a rain coat.
All my A2 friends said the food was nasty and to bring your own food ,might just bring food as a precaution.
My friend just googled pizza hut (ha ha ha ) and saw it was 19 minutes away from the center ,because shes a fussy eater.:colondollar:

*wifi
Original post by nnemo
Hiya,

I didn't go to that particular centre but I did go to a wildlife centre for my A2 coursework.

By all means wear jeans if they're comfortable and you don't mind them getting dirty but from my experience, wearing Wellington boots throughout the whole day can leave your legs in a bit of pain. It's always better to just go for comfy kit because you'll be doing a lot of walking and standing and make sure you check the weather beforehand as well

As for food, it really can't hurt to bring your own. The food there may be to your liking, it may not either so bring your own lunch and you can always choose whether to eat it or not
Original post by nnemo
Hiya,

I wore jeans for the first walk and it left my legs feeling itchy. You can wear jeans, but it might be uncomfortable as there's a lot of walking. But if it works for you, you can.
I didn't find the food all that bad, enough to survive off but if you want to, you can. I know some people did. I don't know, in my college we weren't allowed to go out and explore (stingy teachers) but if you are you could go Pizza Hut if the options available. There's no wifi in the rooms, just the class and the wifi is really crappy even then. This was last year...so I don't know about this year.
Reply 6
Original post by Youni-chan
I wore jeans for the first walk and it left my legs feeling itchy. You can wear jeans, but it might be uncomfortable as there's a lot of walking. But if it works for you, you can.
I didn't find the food all that bad, enough to survive off but if you want to, you can. I know some people did. I don't know, in my college we weren't allowed to go out and explore (stingy teachers) but if you are you could go Pizza Hut if the options available. There's no wifi in the rooms, just the class and the wifi is really crappy even then. This was last year...so I don't know about this year.

oh ok ,which college did you go to?
ill just increase my data allowance on my phone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest