The Student Room Group

Msc in Oriental studies application procedure

Dear all
I am planning to apply to Oxford for Msc in Oriental studies but I'm not sure if I can get an offer. This year I got offers from King's College London, The University of Edinburgh, SOAS, but couldn't find scholarship. Any postgraduate students from oriental studies? Would be happy if you could direct me in improving my application
Moved to the Postgraduate forum
Original post by Sevanna
Dear all
I am planning to apply to Oxford for Msc in Oriental studies but I'm not sure if I can get an offer. This year I got offers from King's College London, The University of Edinburgh, SOAS, but couldn't find scholarship. Any postgraduate students from oriental studies? Would be happy if you could direct me in improving my application

Hi Sevanna!
I am not a postgrad student yet but I am so happy to meet someone interested in the same topic. There are very few oriental studies students here as far as I know!
Do you mind if I ask you a question? What were your grades/internships/working experiense? It is very impressive that you got offers from Kings and SOAS, as they are very demanding Universities. It would be very nice of you to tell me a bit of your application experience because I plan to apply to SOAS this year and want to have an idea of what kind of students they want.
Also, do you speak any of the asian languages?
Many thanks,
Yuliana
Reply 3
Dear Yuliana
I have done my BA in Iranian studies at Yerevan State University (Armenia) with top grades(19,5 out of 20 in totall),currently I'm on the second year of my Ma in the same field with 19,89 GPA for the first year. I speak Armenian(native) and Persian. During the study I have taken part in many courses suggested by our faculty and department. Have been working as a tour-guide for persian-speaking tourists for about 4 years, also internship at All-Armenian Fund. I have demonstrated my strong interests in the chosen field through the statement of purpose. Actually, I can't definitely say what especially made them to make me an offer, but I am sure that It was worth trying. Good luck in whatever you're planning to do!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by fluteflute
Moved to the Postgraduate forum

Sorry? I jus't didn't get what you wrote :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending