The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why can't we speak out against Homosexuality without being bombarded?

Poll

Is Homosexuality Normal/Natural?

There's a lot of people with legitimate views on homosexuality and it's effect on our society.

If you're a straight male you can longer disagree with gay marriage, homosexuality in front of children, ramming homosexuality down our throats on soaps, teaching homosexuality in school you're vilified for having a differing opinion to the new Liberal control freaks. :confused:

I should be able to disagree and speak out against unnatural acts, two men cannot have children, anal sex is not normal. It is contrary to human nature. If everybody was gay humans would go instinct eventually.

I'm mainly speaking about gay marriage here, teaching gay stuff in schools, that's mostly what i disagree with, yet you're a bigot and a homophobe if you do :biggrin::rolleyes:

We can label people 'weirdo's' 'freaks' 'losers' on a daily basis, yet if we lable those words to somebody because they choose to date men, which is unnatural as two men are not supposed to be together by nature, it's wrong somehow :/ If a grown man is attracted to children, people are disgusted and everybody wants him in prison, so why can't I find homosexuality the same? (not that i think they should go to prion for being gay)
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

To be fair mate, I'm just a goat. Goats don't give a ****.

Live and let live.

Goat and let goat.
"Why can't we speak out about homosexuality without being bombarded".

Because it's none of your damn business who loves who. That's why. If you don't like the thought of gay marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by CryptoidAlien
t

People have sex for pleasure as well as to produce children. That's just like saying that masturbation is a sin.

& People don't like others having a negative opinion about something that they like. Duh.

Like.... I like dogs.... so if you come up to me and say it's unnatural to have dogs and i'm a bad person for having one then i'm not going to like you very much.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why are we under a moral obligation to continue the human race?

As far as I'm concerned OP, unless someone's trying to make you marry a man, gay marriage is none of your business.
There is no logical reason that I have heard of to be against it. I have only heard either religious reasons, (which we can ignore) or people saying it is unnatural, which doesn't hold much weight. People being homosexual doesn't dramtically affect you, but it does affect them if you go around saying it is wrong etc.

However, I do agree that is promoted a little too much, but I suppose I can see why that is necessary.

Not sure what you mean by teaching gay stuff in schools, could you give an example?
Original post by EXTREMEninja
There is no logical reason that I have heard of to be against it. I have only heard either religious reasons, (which we can ignore) or people saying it is unnatural, which doesn't hold much weight. People being homosexual doesn't dramtically affect you, but it does affect them if you go around saying it is wrong etc.

However, I do agree that is promoted a little too much, but I suppose I can see why that is necessary.

Not sure what you mean by teaching gay stuff in schools, could you give an example?

Men need to be men, that's important/
that's mostly what i disagree with, yet you're a bigot and a homophobe if you do :biggrin::rolleyes:

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck and acts like a duck. It is probably a duck.

Especially with the arguments you've come up with.
You get "bombarded" because people know their own feelings and get annoyed when you try and tell them how they should act and feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
But I like having it rammed down my throat. :puppyeyes: :teehee:

So, your argument against homosexuality is... Men need to be men.

I'm failing to see the point here.
What would happen if a gay couple said to you "Yeah, I think people should be allowed to be straight if they wanted to, though I think it's kinda weird and unnatural...I just wish they wouldn't push their **** in my face, y'know? We get bombarded with straight education in schools, there are straight people sucking face on every street corner, and now straight people are getting married as well! It's just gross! I don't want to see it! But I'm not a heterophobe or anything."

The reason we're fighting against your 'speaking out' against homosexuality is that arguments against homosexuality are borne of intolerance and prejudice.
You can completely be against gay marriage, nothing is stopping you, and it is hardly an unpopular opinion.

What you can't be against, is the existence of homosexuality, a completely natural part of every species with ability of higher thought processes. All apes express homosexuality, as do goats, foxes, dolphins and frogs in many cases. You can't speak up against it, just as you can't say "Being black should be illegal". Because it's how people are born.

And homosexuality should be taught at school, just as the slave trade should be. To suggest homosexuality isn't real, or is unnatural, is about as valid as saying that unicorns are real.
There's a lot of people with legitimate views on homosexuality and it's effect on our society.

If you're a straight male you can longer disagree with gay marriage, homosexuality in front of children, ramming homosexuality down our throats on soaps, teaching homosexuality in school you're vilified for having a differing opinion to the new Liberal control freaks. :confused:

I should be able to disagree and speak out against unnatural acts, two men cannot have children, anal sex is not normal. It is contrary to human nature. If everybody was gay humans would go instinct eventually.

I'm mainly speaking about gay marriage here, teaching gay stuff in schools, that's mostly what i disagree with, yet you're a bigot and a homophobe if you do :biggrin::rolleyes:

I agree, you will 9/10 immediately be called a "homophobe" for saying anything. I don't know why or when this has happened, or how, but it's happened, being persecuted just for saying something even slightly in disagreement. I don't think it's about Liberals, I do think the LGBT community has (ab)used black civil rights movements and women's human rights and other social issues under equality and reform to their advantage. Liberals, being liberal, understandably (not reasonably...just understandably) oblige.

Actually, homosexuality is normal and works in favour of human survival.
Because people on this site think gay marriage is better than McDonalds breakfast which definitely is not true.
Reply 16

Eh?
Original post by CheGuava
You can completely be against gay marriage, nothing is stopping you, and it is hardly an unpopular opinion.

What you can't be against, is the existence of homosexuality, a completely natural part of every species with ability of higher thought processes. All apes express homosexuality, as do goats, foxes, dolphins and frogs in many cases. You can't speak up against it, just as you can't say "Being black should be illegal". Because it's how people are born.

And homosexuality should be taught at school, just as the slave trade should be. To suggest homosexuality isn't real, or is unnatural, is about as valid as saying that unicorns are real.

Unicorns aren't real???!!?!

But really people, people have different sexual orientations, the human race needs to learn to be a bit more accepting.

Because fundamentally the idea that homosexuality marks somebody out as being "abnormal" or "unnatural" is offensive and wrong.
Homophobia is something I absolutely refuse to tolerate.
So what if they have anal sex. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.
Things that directly affect you, you have a right of speech about. However homosexuality does no harm to those that are heterosexual.

Why should heterosexuals ever be treated better than homosexuals?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
[QUOTE=LydiaFirefly
PREACH
Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending