The Student Room Group

How Do I Get This Make-up/Hairstyle?

Cara Delavigne's here. It's just :coma:

Make-up/hair gurus of TSR - any idea? Is the heavy dark shadow under her eyes something that only looks good on photoshoots?

Scroll to see replies

This what you need

- Hairstylist
- Makeup Artist
- Fashion Designer
Reply 2
Original post by Black Cat
This what you need

- Hairstylist
- Makeup Artist
- Fashion Designer

but who was thread title?
Hair looks pretty simple, looks like it's been done with straighteners maybe, just the ends are curled and she's clipped back the top section.

The makeup looks pretty natural. Eye makeup wise she looks like she's only wearing mascara and maybe some smudged eyeliner on the bottom?
Original post by Swirll
but who was thread title?

Or you can ask tyrion she knows a fair amount
This is the only picture of her I actually like. To get this kind of hairstyle/makeup you need the make up artists and hair stylists from W magazine
Original post by Precious Illusions
Hair looks pretty simple, looks like it's been done with straighteners maybe, just the ends are curled and she's clipped back the top section.

The makeup looks pretty natural. Eye makeup wise she looks like she's only wearing mascara and maybe some smudged eyeliner on the bottom?

Pretty much, and it seems the clip-back is bouffant to give it the bump.

Original post by Swirll
X

OP depending on your hair texture, wash it, blow dry, straighten, then curl, then brush lightly if you must. Part symmetrically from the middle of your forehead on each side and drag comb back along the cranium; part and gather for a few inches if your hair has less volume. Then gather the hair and push forward and up and finally clip. Let the rest fall loose. I do a very elaborate pompadour every morning myself and that's what I do as best as I can explain :h: I don't wear makeup aside from gloss and eyeliner so I would probably listen to this poster, but idk :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
This is what I think she did with her eye makeup although I could be wrong

:colondollar:

EYES: Neutral eye shadow as a base then use white eyeshadow in the inner corner of the eyes. Add a shimmery white eyeshadow on top of the eyeshadow base too and blend it in well. Use thick coats of mascara for the upper lashes then coat the bottom lashes with one coat. Use a angled brush to pat some black eyeshadow close to the bottom lash line and gently smudge. Line the lower water line with white eyeliner.
lighter eye shadow on the top lid
darker shadow on the crease and at the bottom
white eye shadow to highlight inner corners
tight-line just top lid waterline with black eyeliner
white eyeliner on the bottom waterline
curl and add mascara
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by moonriver96
This is the only picture of her I actually like. To get this kind of hairstyle/makeup you need the make up artists and hair stylists from W magazine

Not necessarily. It's not a very difficult style :s-smilie: But I love Cara, well when she does the 90s punk look. I discovered her when I was looking for beanies lol
am i the only person on here that doesn't find her attractive? lol
Original post by RiOt GrrrL
Not necessarily. It's not a very difficult style :s-smilie: But I love Cara, well when she does the 90s punk look. I discovered her when I was looking for beanies lol

I love her when she's not sticking out her tongue and being disgusting :tongue: maybe not the makeup but I think the hair, especially the top bit might be a bit tricky. We'll for me it is anyway:redface:
Pretty much, and it seems the clip-back is bouffant to give it the bump.

OP depending on your hair texture, wash it, blow dry, straighten, then curl, then brush lightly if you must. Part symmetrically from the middle of your forehead along the cranium; part and gather for a few inches if your has less volume. Then gather the hair and push forward and up and finally clip. Let the rest fall loose. I do a very elaborate pompadour every morning myself and that's what I do as best as I can explain :h: I don't wear makeup aside from gloss and eyeliner so I would probably listen to this poster, but idk :s-smilie:

Also - to add to the hair point. Use a TON of hairspray after curling. I've found that when I curl my hair with heat (rarely), it doesn't stay for very long unless I put on a looooot of hairspray to keep the curls in.

Oh and you'd have to definitely fill in your brows if you don't have dark/fuller brows OP.
Reply 13
OP depending on your hair texture, wash it, blow dry, straighten, then curl, then brush lightly if you must. Part symmetrically from the middle of your forehead on each side and drag comb back along the cranium; part and gather for a few inches if your has less volume. Then gather the hair and push forward and up and finally clip. Let the rest fall loose. I do a very elaborate pompadour every morning myself and that's what I do as best as I can explain :h: I don't wear makeup aside from gloss and eyeliner so I would probably listen to this poster, but idk :s-smilie:

Thanks, that was really helpful! :biggrin: Do I need to add sea salt spray/anything to give it volume? My hair is naturally wavy, but it's quite long now too so it lies a bit flatter than that naturally lol
Like serious guys I'm not even female but I bet I could do that hairstyle easily if you gave me a wig. Looks simple lmao.

serious hold my beer
Reply 15

Thanks - yeah, the hair has a lot of waves/volume, though without the pinned back parts it doesn't look too complicated :smile:.

Really? I thought she was wearing eyeshadow too (something pale/shimmery on the lids and something dark round the corners). Could just be the lighting though.

moonriver96
x

Serious answers please.

ChickenMadness
x

She's like the Zyzz of the London fashion world right now. :tongue:

Re: second reply - you forgot to add "no homo" XD
Reply 16
Original post by ChickenMadness
am i the only person on here that doesn't find her attractive? lol

Nope, I think she looks quite average compared to other models but I think this is an unpopular opinion. :smile:
Also - to add to the hair point. Use a TON of hairspray after curling. I've found that when I curl my hair with heat (rarely), it doesn't stay for very long unless I put on a looooot of hairspray to keep the curls in.

Oh and you'd have to definitely fill in your brows if you don't have dark/fuller brows OP.

Oh mhm. Gotta love that hairspray :tongue: I'm mixed race so I ironically use hairspray to hold it when it's straight lol and it works. I don't need it for curls but I do know it does help to hold either way, so yea OP. Otherwise those curls will drop and it won't look the same =|
Reply 18
Original post by OohBurn
This is what I think she did with her eye makeup although I could be wrong

:colondollar:

EYES: Neutral eye shadow as a base then use white eyeshadow in the inner corner of the eyes. Add a shimmery white eyeshadow on top of the eyeshadow base too and blend it in well. Use thick coats of mascara for the upper lashes then coat the bottom lashes with one coat. Use a angled brush to pat some black eyeshadow close to the bottom lash line and gently smudge. Line the lower water line with white eyeliner.

yennibubs
lighter eye shadow on the top lid
darker shadow on the crease and at the bottom
white eye shadow to highlight inner corners
tight-line just top lid waterline with black eyeliner
white eyeliner on the bottom waterline
curl and add mascara

Thanks so much, ladies! :biggrin: *+ reps* OK, I'll give that a try.

How do I put darker shadow below my eyes without having it be too low? My eyes are too big, so I find that whenever I do that it looks really weird as it's clearly beneath the waterline (if that makes sense)? :smile:
Reply 19

OK, thanks :smile: Any hairspray in particular you'd recommend? My hair is a bit limp at the moment (too long) so it's fairly volume-less. :eek:

Yeah, Cara has the best brows in the business :lol: I'm growing mine out at the moment, it's taking ages though so I'll just use brow pencil till then.

Quick Reply

Latest