The Student Room Group

Sheffield or Kings for Dentistry?

I was planning on applying for kings but due to my average AS levels and UKCAT score I was wondering which one would be easier for me to get in

AS levels 2A 2Bs (B's in chem and bio)
UKCAT 652
Predicted AAA for A2
GCSE 7A* 6As

Any help of ideas would be appreciated.
Original post by madhadiya
I was planning on applying for kings but due to my average AS levels and UKCAT score I was wondering which one would be easier for me to get in

UKCAT 652
Predicted AAA for A2
GCSE 7A* 6As

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
Reply 2
Hey
I would say Sheffield would be safer than Kings purely because Kings is known to put a higher emphasis on UKCAT than they'd like to admit
Just my opinion 😊
Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UKCAT 652
Predicted AAA for A2
GCSE 7A* 6As

Sheffield. KCL course structure too boring.

I study at Plymouth.
Reply 4
Cardiff, Bristol and queen marys... going to change King's to either leeds or Sheffield :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Sheffield. KCL course structure too boring.

I study at Plymouth.

which year are you in? do you like their course? :smile:
Reply 6
Cardiff, Bristol and queen marys... going to change King's to either leeds or Sheffield :smile:

queen mary sounds like a risky choice unless you have other qualifications to increase ur UCAS Tariff
which year are you in? do you like their course? :smile:

Year 2. The course is amazing here ! really prepares you for dentistry after you graduate.
Reply 8
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Year 2. The course is amazing here ! really prepares you for dentistry after you graduate.

What were your A level grades, if you don't mind me asking?
What were your A level grades, if you don't mind me asking?

A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
which is easier to get into manchester or sheffield ? i need help to choose. i dont mind either just need to know which is easiest to get into. thanks here are my grades to help decide.

gcse: 7a* 3a b
as: aaab
pred: a*aaa
ukcat: 625
Original post by ECONGIANT
which is easier to get into manchester or sheffield ? i need help to choose. i dont mind either just need to know which is easiest to get into. thanks here are my grades to help decide.

gcse: 7a* 3a b
as: aaab
pred: a*aaa
ukcat: 625

sheffield want above 650 in their ukcat, and last year Manchester's cut off was 702.5 so probably neither bro:/

Quick Reply

Latest