The Student Room Group

Thread for confident people with good social skills.

After reading Multitalented Me's thread I realised that people who don't lack confidence, like me, need a thread of their own too. :tongue:

:cool:

Scroll to see replies

Too right. There's way too many threads on here focusing on peoples negative attributes, so it's about time there was one for positives!
Sup mateys!
Reply 3
considering the make up of tsr this thread may have about 10 regular posters if we're lucky :teehee:
Original post by Marky Mark
After reading Multitalented Me's thread I realised that people who don't lack confidence, like me, need a thread of their own too. :tongue:

:cool:
I asked for your advice and you didnt give me it after suggesting yeh would.
prick:biggrin:

Original post by ryan9900
Too right. There's way too many threads on here focusing on peoples negative attributes, so it's about time there was one for positives!
good for yee tomboys..
Reply 5
Original post by ryan9900

To be honest you're right I never realised it but TSR seems to attract people with issues maybe it's because the happy people are too busy being happy but I don't know. After reading one of Riku's rants last night I just wanted to jump into my monitor and shake him violently telling him to get a grip. I feel many people on here would benefit from such a approach.
Reply 6
I'm very confident 1 on 1 and in a group. But in a large group (15+) or speeking to the public I feel less confident (very nervous) idk why
This thread is a requirement :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Sup mateys!

Original post by Tai Ga
considering the make up of tsr this thread may have about 10 regular posters if we're lucky :teehee:

welcome guys have fun being sociable and outgoing. :biggrin:

Original post by trustmeimlying1
I asked for your advice and you didnt give me it after suggesting yeh would.
prick:biggrin:

Advice? When?

Repost it here and I'll help if I can.
Reply 9
:woo:
To be honest you're right I never realised it but TSR seems to attract people with issues maybe it's because the happy people are too busy being happy but I don't know. After reading one of Riku's rants last night I just wanted to jump into my monitor and shake him violently telling him to get a grip. I feel many people on here would benefit from such a approach.

Like you say I just think it attracts that kind of person somehow. People who have little social lives and those who spend too much time at home would probably just find sites like these as a place to vent. I have nothing against that but some people don't even sound like they want help so it's harder to give advice when they won't listen.

People should just be happy and take all the positives from life that you can. It's not good all the time but you might as well make the most of the moments that are!
Reply 11
:getmecoat:
Reply 12
the Internet will always attract introverts, specifically insecure introverts, and the addicts will tend to lack the confidence to be in the real world for long for a reason-often past experience which has led to low self-esteem, or some form of trust issues.

on the other hand you just have the geeks who like techy stuff or intellectual debate too :biggrin:

freedom of speech, but making a thread for the majority in opposition to the minority is a form of discrimination. You are basically saying people on this thread>people on Multitalentedme's thread

also, that TSR constantly refers to me as 'insecure guy who needs to get a grip' is annoying me
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by jenigma
This thread is a requirement :biggrin:

Indeed it is. :wink:

Original post by ETRC
I'm very confident 1 on 1 and in a group. But in a large group (15+) or speeking to the public I feel less confident (very nervous) idk why

Well 15 is actually quite large so that's understandable.

Original post by Shodann
:getmecoat:

Reply 14

and what rant was this?
Original post by Riku

also, that TSR constantly refers to me as 'insecure guy who needs to get a grip' is annoying me

There's an easy way to put a stop to that...
Reply 16
Original post by Riku
and what rant was this?

The one in that thread about guys needing to chill out and stop harassing females on this board.

I'm not singling you out but you stuck out to me.
Reply 17
Original post by Viva Emptiness
There's an easy way to put a stop to that...

threads like this won't help the users of Multitalented Me's ones because it comes from a position of obvious superiority

Also, hello Viva, sorry I didn't reply to your earlier one-got carried away! :tongue:
Is this an attempt at living another life OP?
Reply 19
The one in that thread about guys needing to chill out and stop harassing females on this board.

I'm not singling you out but you stuck out to me.

that was because following your argument a man can't act in self defence against a woman threatening to put his life at risk-say with a knife or glass bottle-or he looks 'seriously weak'

Quick Reply

Latest