The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements for BTEC Double Award

Hey,

I'm going to be applying to universities for 2015/16 and was wondering what requirements universities generally have in mind when dealing with ICT BTEC national diplomas (not extended).

I plan to be applying for a top university, hopefully at least in the Russel Group. The university I'd like to study at most is Birmingham. The course I will be applying for is Computer Science BSc (G400). I will also be applying for some lower-"tier" universities as well, just in case everything goes bottoms up.

My BTEC course is 12 units and will give me two results (eg. D*D*).

My current studies at A2 include:

ICT BTEC National Diploma (Double Award)

Maths Statistics

Economics

None of the university course pages I've looked at have specifically addressed what they require with a BTEC double award, and I'm yet to hear back from any after emailing them.

So, my question to you is, what requirements do some of the higher-"tier" universities require along with a BTEC National Diploma in IT?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Added some small changes to my post, I forgot some vital information!
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm doing a BTEC single award in engineering alongside A2 biology and chemistry so I emailed my preferred unis who do pharmacy and these include Bath and Cardiff and they both said its fine and they'll accept it. So advise you to email all your preferred unis as soon as possible and ask! Better safe then sorry
Reply 2
Original post by TheLegalDealer
I'm doing a BTEC single award in engineering alongside A2 biology and chemistry so I emailed my preferred unis who do pharmacy and these include Bath and Cardiff and they both said its fine and they'll accept it. So advise you to email all your preferred unis as soon as possible and ask! Better safe then sorry

Thanks. I've sent some emails out, does anyone else have any experiences with this situation?
Reply 3
If anyone's interested, I've received a few e-mails from the following universities.

University of Birmingham D*DA (Maths)
University of Bristol
University of East Anglia DMB/DDA
University of Leeds D*D*B/D*DA (Maths)
University of Sheffield DDB (Maths)
University of Southampton DDA (Maths)
University of Warwick D*D*AA (Maths)
University of York D*D*A (Maths, 2 A levels pref)

They all require an A-level in Maths.

Edit: Updated 25 Sep, waiting on Bristol
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending