The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hello all :biggrin:

Lovely to see a fair few applying already! I've changed my mind again and think I will stick to Biomedicine (Possibly with a Foundation year although not sure).

Has anyone written their PS yet? I have mine from last year and I'm not sure if I could just send the same one? As I got a conditional offer from UEA biomed (Maths pending) off of it. Does anyone know if this is allowed?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by GoblinQueen
I'm applying to Biomedicine at UEA as my first choice :smile: just waiting on the college for my reference and it's ready to go.
I went to the open day and absolutely loved it! Totally confirmed my choice :smile:

Anyone else applying for biomedicine? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have switched back to Biomedicine again, v excited!

What did you study at college? Access?
Original post by mollydblybarrly
I have switched back to Biomedicine again, v excited!

What did you study at college? Access?

Hehe I'm excited too! I'm studying BTEC level 3 extended diploma in Applied Science ( Forensic Science ) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for History and Politics!
Reply 44
Applied for Actuarial Science (with a year in industry) predicted 3A's so I'm hoping for an offer! Anyone else applying for it?
Reply 45
Just sent off today, how long did it take you guys to get acknowledged/offers?
Reply 46
Applying for MSci NatSci. Application was sent off 3 weeks ago :smile: Anyone else applying for Natural Sciences?
Has anyone created a Medicine Applicants UEA thread as of yet? :smile: Cannot seem to find one!
Original post by JayDu
Just sent off today, how long did it take you guys to get acknowledged/offers?

Took 2 days to get acknowledged for me..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ultralex
Got an offer for History and Politics!

Congratz! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Hey guys!

I'm a second year biologist so I'll be able to answer any questions you may have :smile:

good luck with your applications :h:
Reply 51
Original post by lilGem
Hey guys!

I'm a second year biologist so I'll be able to answer any questions you may have :smile:

good luck with your applications :h:

Hi, I'll be applying for physiotherapy for 2015 entry. What do you think about the campus and why did you choose UEA?
Reply 52
Original post by N.Choi
Hi, I'll be applying for physiotherapy for 2015 entry. What do you think about the campus and why did you choose UEA?

being completely honest you either love or hate the campus due to the concrete, but there are modern buildings such as JSC, TPSC and so forth and there's plenty of foliage too- we have the lake and the donkey sanctuary!

I chose UEA due to the links to the research park (brilliant for my course). Also I wanted a small campus university so it works out well for me. even though it is a campus university you can easily get into norwich as there are buses very regularly! the sportspark :love:. there's a vast number of societies too and everyone is generally very sociable and easy to talk to!

it's just a brilliant university to go to :h:
Reply 53
Original post by lilGem
being completely honest you either love or hate the campus due to the concrete, but there are modern buildings such as JSC, TPSC and so forth and there's plenty of foliage too- we have the lake and the donkey sanctuary!

I chose UEA due to the links to the research park (brilliant for my course). Also I wanted a small campus university so it works out well for me. even though it is a campus university you can easily get into norwich as there are buses very regularly! the sportspark :love:. there's a vast number of societies too and everyone is generally very sociable and easy to talk to!

it's just a brilliant university to go to :h:

Sounds like a good uni to go to! What were your other university choices? Also, when you applied to UEA did they invite you to an applicant day?
Reply 54
Original post by N.Choi
Sounds like a good uni to go to! What were your other university choices? Also, when you applied to UEA did they invite you to an applicant day?

Exeter, Sheffield, Queens Belfast and Oxford Brookes.

Post offer holder day? they did, they normally offer several dates if you cant attend one :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by maymuyt
Applying for English Literature with Creative Writing ^_^ well buzzing!

Same! Have you heard anything back from them yet? Was wondering how long the wait is going to be....
Reply 56
Original post by wossyboy
Same! Have you heard anything back from them yet? Was wondering how long the wait is going to be....

No I haven't. I sent my application off a week ago, I would say. How about you?
Reply 57
Original post by maymuyt
No I haven't. I sent my application off a week ago, I would say. How about you?

Also about a week ago. Couple of friends who applied last year said they didn't hear back until January (although not for English Courses)
Reply 58
Original post by wossyboy
Also about a week ago. Couple of friends who applied last year said they didn't hear back until January (although not for English Courses)

I know someone who has an offer from UEA already for English and American Literature :/ Where else have you applied?
Reply 59
Original post by maymuyt
I know someone who has an offer from UEA already for English and American Literature :/ Where else have you applied?

:eek:
ummm Manchester for CW, and Bristol and Liverpool for straight English.
Have you sent off your portfolio yet?

Latest