The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I haven't ruled out UEA yet but haven't made final decision. Are you going to apply anywhere else?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Not sure, I'm pretty restricted to where I can apply as I have a family, so my only realistic options are UEA and ARU! Where are you applying?
Reply 3
I am considering applying for maths at uea and was wondering if anybody knows their policy on unconditional offers. I have 4 A's at AS ( maths, further maths, economics and history) and I am predicted 3 A* at A2 (dropped history). My ums average is 91 excluding history and I was wondering if I would get an unconditional or conditional offer
Original post by AF1997
I am considering applying for maths at uea and was wondering if anybody knows their policy on unconditional offers. I have 4 A's at AS ( maths, further maths, economics and history) and I am predicted 3 A* at A2 (dropped history). My ums average is 91 excluding history and I was wondering if I would get an unconditional or conditional offer

I'm pretty sure UEA didn't give out unconditional offers last year to those yet to take their A2's so expect an conditional one.
Reply 5
UEA is my first choice for Speech and Language Therapy. I just need to finish my personal statement and then get it sent off *fingers crossed*.
I'm applying to Biomedicine at UEA as my first choice :smile: just waiting on the college for my reference and it's ready to go.
I went to the open day and absolutely loved it! Totally confirmed my choice :smile:

Anyone else applying for biomedicine? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm applying for business (accounting and management), I went to visit and absolutely loved it! :smile:
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to UEA connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Original post by mollydblybarrly
Anyone else? I know it's early but October will be here before you know it!

I have swayed from biomedicine to paramedic sciences after realising how much I love working directly with patients (although I am still slightly torn so applying for both).

Connect to UEA here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people here :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes! It looks fantastic. I'm applying for Law and hope to get an offer, I would probably firm a UEA Law offer above my other options just because I loved it so much on the open day. (Although I loved Birmingham too </3)
Original post by Buxtonwater
Yes! It looks fantastic. I'm applying for Law and hope to get an offer, I would probably firm a UEA Law offer above my other options just because I loved it so much on the open day. (Although I loved Birmingham too </3)

May I ask what AS grades you are applying with?

Also do you think UEA would be out of the question for me, with BBC at AS? Bearing in mind im working my arse off to improve for A2 to get at least AAB.
Original post by snikutsmullac
May I ask what AS grades you are applying with?

Also do you think UEA would be out of the question for me, with BBC at AS? Bearing in mind im working my arse off to improve for A2 to get at least AAB.

If your predictions are AAB and you're resitting an exam or two I don't think it would be out of the question at all. It's very important you get your predictions up to AAB though in order to get an offer.
If your predictions are AAB and you're resitting an exam or two I don't think it would be out of the question at all. It's very important you get your predictions up to AAB though in order to get an offer.

I'm resitting three exams and I'm confident I could get AAB, but whether or not my teachers will predict me this is another matter. They're quite harsh with predictions at my college :-l
Original post by snikutsmullac
I'm resitting three exams and I'm confident I could get AAB, but whether or not my teachers will predict me this is another matter. They're quite harsh with predictions at my college :-l

My economics teacher was telling us a story about predictions the other day, and he basically said if a student explains to a teacher that they really need the predictions otherwise their future plans will be ruined, teachers aren't mean enough to refuse you. Unless it's like a jump from a D to an A, they'll probably bump your predictions up a grade if you ask.
I'm applying for biology
I applied for History and Politics, absolutely love the uni and Norwich, although why the grades went up from last year I still don't know.
My economics teacher was telling us a story about predictions the other day, and he basically said if a student explains to a teacher that they really need the predictions otherwise their future plans will be ruined, teachers aren't mean enough to refuse you. Unless it's like a jump from a D to an A, they'll probably bump your predictions up a grade if you ask.

My stubborn teacher won't predict me higher than a B. I knew it. That's despite me taking a re-take but she said because she can't guarantee I'll do better in the re-take she can only predict me a grade based on what I have already achieved.
Reply 18
I'm most probably going to apply for Economics. I really liked UEA since the start of my university research but that good impression was kinda ruined by an arrogant university representative who came to my school. But oh well, I hope not all the staff is like that.
Original post by domidom
I'm most probably going to apply for Economics. I really liked UEA since the start of my university research but that good impression was kinda ruined by an arrogant university representative who came to my school. But oh well, I hope not all the staff is like that.

If it helps, I went to the open day and was initially put off by one of the science faculty leaders who ran the talk because he was boring and had a 'mightier than thou' attitude, but then I visited the department and met the lecturers and they were all great! I know it's a different department, but I just wanted to say don't be put off by just that. Also take comfort in the fact that they probably don't teach you!
If in doubt, see if you get an offer and go to offer holder's open day :smile:

Latest