The Student Room Group
It basically means that if you miss out on your offer for both your firm and insurance university you can apply through clearing. Ucas will have a list up of all the unis with places left, and the courses they offer, so you find a uni and course which appeals to you, ring up the admissions tutor and see if they will accept you (usually involves a telephone interview). It will still be dependant upon your grades, ie if you have BBB then a course wanting AAB is still unlikely to accept you even through clearing. If you are accepted by a uni you will receive a clearing passport which effectively means you have a place at that uni through clearing.
Reply 2

Essentially, yes. But I don't see why you should be bothering yourself much with Clearing, when the admissions cycle for 07 entry has yet to even begin. :smile:
Reply 3
Knogle
Essentially, yes. But I don't see why you should be bothering yourself much with Clearing, when the admissions cycle for 07 entry has yet to even begin. :smile:

So say if I get the grades for 1 of the unis I applied to,but that it's not my first choice uni, would I be forced to go to that UNI or can I still phone the others to see if they have places? And can you apply to any UNI that still has places or only the ones you mighth ave applied to at the begginning?

Knogle yeah i know I shouldn't be too bothered about it but i'd like to know just it case.
Once you have been made offers by the universities you pick your top two universities from the ones that have offered you places. One will be your Firm choice and there Other your Insurance. If you meet the grades for your Firm Choice then that's fine - you're off there. If you don't your Firm choice may still accept you (circumstances dependant) or offer you an alternative course (this happened with me). If not and you meet the grades for your Insurance choice you will go that university on that course. If you didn't meet your grades the same will apply with regards to accepting and offering alternative courses. If your Insurance chioce dosn't offer you a place on your chocie of course or offer you a place on another course that you wish to accept you will be eligable to go through the Clearing cycle.

however, there is no hurry to be thinking about it and UCAS, your school or college, careers services etc will all be on hand to advise you on what your options are from that point, should you get into a situation where clearing may be an option for you.
Reply 5
thanks for your help
I have 1 more question . Say if i get predicted ABC now and that I only apply to university that ask for ABB as entry requirements(because that's where I want to go), would I definately get rejected by all these universities?
And say if I do get rejected,and these university still have places in august for the course I want,would i be eligible for a place there?
Reply 6
That may vary from Uni to Uni - some may consider the requirements to be a strict barrer, while others may look at other factors (PS, extra-curricular activities etc.). Also, if undecided, some may decide to invite you to an interview specifically to see if you should be given a place with lower grades than required.

However, in most cases it would probably be quite difficult, as ABB probably have quite a few applicants anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending