The Student Room Group

Help with sleeping!!

I know it is a weird title, so I'll expand on it.

Basically tomorrow morning I am moving to university. Obviously, the first few days everyone is finding their feet. But I have a problem, other people might have it as well.

I struggle to sleep on "new" beds. When I stay at hotels and stuff, even if I am really tired, I will just lie awake in bed for some reason. I really try to sleep but I just end up bored in bed. This usually means that I am tired the following morning.

It is a bit weird, but does anyone have any advice that might help sleep on new beds. i have bought new pillows and duvet for uni to help, but I don't want to exhausted during freshers week. Any serious advice?
(edited 9 years ago)
Pills.

The end.
Reply 2
Original post by ahmad94
I know it is a weird title, so I'll expand on it.

Basically tomorrow morning I am moving to university. Obviously, the first few days everyone is finding their feet. But I have a problem, other people might have it as well.

I struggle to sleep on "new" beds. When I stay at hotels and stuff, even if I am really tired, I will just lie awake in bed for some reason. I really try to sleep but I just end up bored in bed. This usually means that I am tired the following morning.

It is a bit weird, but does anyone have any advice that might help sleep on new beds. i have bought new pillows and duvet for uni to help, but I don't want to exhausted during freshers week. Any serious advice?

Don't think of anything, especially the fact that you're sleeping on a new bed. If you're bored why not listen to music or read a book? Even try watching a long interesting video?
I also often have problems with sleeping in a new bed the first night, but I find after that I settle in and start to sleep better. Make sure you try & stick to your usual sleep routine that you have at home - washing your teeth, pyjamas, maybe reading in bed, or listening to music, whatever helps you relax. Try & have your pillows and blankets the way you like them at home. Try to avoid looking at screens too close to bedtime. Maybe invest in some earplugs? I often find strange or unfamiliar noises in a new room can keep me awake, so earplugs can help that, and possibly also a sleep mask if you like the room dark, but there is light creeping in at the windows?

You could try some kind of sleep aid as well, just to jog you along a little the first few nights, Boots or any chemist will have a selection.
Remember that a bunch of people are going through the same thing, there will be people who find it difficult sleeping in a new bed and there will be people who are tired in the morning. You'll adapt to your new surroundings fairly quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending