The Student Room Group

New friend seems to dislike me?

Things have been weird between us recently. I met him 2 weeks ago after starting at a new school. He told me that he liked a few girls in the year but it was nothing serious. I accidentally let one of their names slip on the bus with a friend. It was a ****ty thing to do, I know, but in my defence I was half-asleep and ill. Okay that still doesn't make it excusable but I covered it up immediately, saying that I thought he liked her but after asking him he said that he didn't. So basically, nobody knew. I let him know what I had done straight away and then he went on a rant about how he actually wanted people to know that he liked her so I technically hadn't done anything wrong but he was still pissy. And then to make matters worse, he went and told the school gossip that he liked her with the intension of spreading it around the school and yet he's still pissed at me?! Yes, I was stupid but (a) he said it wasn't serious at all (b) I covered up my mistake straight away and (c) he started spreading it himself.
Now things are weird. We used to be pretty cool but now he's being a weird combo of nice and mean.

Another problem I have with him is that he's always eager to ditch me for other, prettier girls. Like whenever I'm having a conversation with him and he sees that another girl is talking to some people he'll immediately jump into that convo and ignore me. I mean, I get that he's trying to get a girlfriend or whatever but we're supposed to be friends and it does sting. This has been happening even before my **** up.
In fact, this is the case with a lot of the guys at my school. They crowd around all the attractive ones en masse and ignore the less attractive ones unless you approach them first :rolleyes:

Any advice?
stop caring
Reply 2
Original post by James2015
stop caring

i try to not give a **** but I give too many ****s :/
Ah, the joys of school dramas.

Try not to worry about it, it's really no big deal.

Most guys (and girls as well!) are like that at this age. If it really bothers you, tell him. If he's a friend he'll know not to act like that when you're around and if not then either deal with it or quit being friends with him.

And if he's still being an ass about you dropping those names on the bus then that's his problem. You told him straight away and I assume you said sorry and meant it, so that's his problem now, not yours. It's a petty thing to be mean to someone about.

Are you sure you don't like him and you're jealous of him talking to other girls though?

Good luck with your situation, OP. I know it seems like a massive deal now but it honestly isn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending