The Student Room Group

My chances?

Can anyone tell me my chances of getting into LSE for Maths with Economics?
I don't want to apply for a course that I have almost no chance of being accepted into. Waste of a choice.

AS : AABB [A - Maths] [B - Native Lang. So techincally AAB]

A-Level :[ A*A*Aa - A*A*Ba ] at best. [A*ABa] at worst
[a - Further Maths AS]
It's impossible to give you a percentage chance or anything like that, but if you meet all the GCSE and A Level entry requirements, it's more than worth sending in an application.
You have 5 choices so it's not really a waste if one of them is a bit of a stretch. I wouldn't say you were certain to get an offer but it's not impossible so might as well give it a go if you're reasonably confident with your other 4 places.
Go for it.
Worth applying as one of your higher choices, you'll only think 'what if' if you don't. I'm applying for Government with AAD in AS and a set of pretty good/average GCSE's but predicted A*A*A*. My chances aren't great but it's worth a shot!
Reply 5
Original post by Origami Bullets

Original post by TroyAndAbed

Original post by ByronicHero

Original post by Piledriver

Bump - Forgot to add. My GCSEs are terrible. AAABCCDDEEEFG

Secondary school got put into Special Measures by Ofsted when I was in year 10. If I get my referee to include that. Do you think it will give them a reason to bypass my terrible GCSEs?

Atm I have :

LSE : A*AA
King's College : AAA
Queen Mary's : AAB
Brunel : ABB

Any ideas on 5th? Preferably London based? Or close to London?
(edited 9 years ago)
Considering your circumstances I'm sure they'll take it into consideration, but they do specify they look for candidates with a strong mix of A grades.

Have you looked at Surrey? Generally AAA/AAB entry requirements for more competitive courses, and ranked very highly.

Or City? Probably be looking at AAB/ABB for there :smile:
Original post by edothero
Bump - Forgot to add. My GCSEs are terrible. AAABCCDDEEEFG

Secondary school got put into Special Measures by Ofsted when I was in year 10. If I get my referee to include that. Do you think it will give them a reason to bypass my terrible GCSEs?

Atm I have :

LSE : A*AA
King's College : AAA
Queen Mary's : AAB
Brunel : ABB

Any ideas on 5th? Preferably London based? Or close to London?

If your GCSEs meet all the stated entry requirements, then it's still worth applying - but you should definitely get your teachers to mention your secondary school's poor performance in your reference. Some universities (you can invariably find their policy online) will use contextual data to highlight those students who have done well against the odds.

You've got a good spread of unis there, in terms of grade requirements, but do have a look outside the London area too - you may find that the perfect course for you is that bit further away. Try having a look at www.whatuni.com as it allows you to search by entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending