The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get into Cambridge if you do your A levels over 3 years?

I heard a story that someone got into Cambridge university after retaking their A levels. I think this is BS who agrees with me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I heard a story that someone got into Cambridge university after retaking their A levels. I think this is BS who agrees with me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sure Cambridge knows much better than you and me about the suitability of that person -provided it is true. Don't you think?
Cambridge met, if you're lucky.
nah bruv i went thur and evry1 had 17 a lvls sat in 1 yr u get me rite?

semi srs

srs
Im sure its not impossible! I know someone who got an offer last year and missed it, but Cambridge are keeping the offer on and letting her retake one subject. Although, she has been in care and had extenuating circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you saying you don't believe that story or that you don't think someone should get into Cambridge doing their A Levels over three years? If it's the former, I do believe that story. If it's the latter, you have absolutely no idea about their individual situation - there were probably extenuating circumstances.
Original post by illusionz
nah bruv i went thur and evry1 had 17 a lvls sat in 1 yr u get me rite?

semi srs

srs

OP, I've found the guy that said that.
Original post by Biryani007
OP, I've found the guy that said that.

I did actually go there and didn't meet anyone who did a retake in anything. I knew one girl who didn't get the grades and was let in due to extenuating circumstances for her final A level exams. She then failed first year and left.

I highly doubt they'd admit someone who had to resit a year unless it was due to medical reasons, simply because if someone can't handle a year of A levels, they can't handle Cambridge.
Original post by Chlorophile
Are you saying you don't believe that story or that you don't think someone should get into Cambridge doing their A Levels over three years? If it's the former, I do believe that story. If it's the latter, you have absolutely no idea about their individual situation - there were probably extenuating circumstances.

The former
afaik it's impossible without extenuatings, same for a number of top universities. It's just not fair on the other applicants, who all get the same results in 2/3s of the time
The former

It is definitely possible with extenuating circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending