The Student Room Group

If Scotland votes No

Scroll to see replies

How exactly are the votes counted in both this and the other elections?
What are the safeguards to prevent corruption in the vote count process?
Original post by Abbie :)
Oh calm down and stop overreacting to a metaphor

whos overreacting ? you was the one that said it.
and im not trying to be rude to you btw but that statement was bull****
Original post by Abbie :)
Oh of course, it's not like Scotland has different football teams to support, or rugby teams...

And of course, the whole of Scotland has the exact same rate of poverty, Bearsden is just identical to Calton.

Furthermore, you must be right as people in Edinburgh have the same accent as a Glaswegian, and if I watch Hollyoaks I guess the whole country does too.

Finally, and most obvious, Orkney Islands will always have the same weather as Lanarkshire.

So I guess if this weren't all true, then Scotland can't really be one united place, as for that to be plausible all cultures within Scotland must be identical.

You can't say Scotland and England are completely different for possessing different cultures when within each country there is various ones already existing.

Yeah but it can go either way though. This can go on and on and on.
And yes you could say the same. You could say that londoners are different to scousers and what not.And people in the south east are different from northerners.
People always say that.
/
It will be interesting to hear more Scottish peoples opinions in this as well.
Reply 43
Original post by matthewduncan
t it just seems odd people are claiming that we are siblings and have a brother o brother relationship lol

But there's nothing wrong with saying all Scots were kidnapped? :confused:

Scottish people as a whole would never vote to stay apart of great britain.

Evidence?
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w5LcPZFAPyk[/video]
Reply 45
Scottish people as a whole would never vote to stay apart of great britain.

Well, they have done.
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w5LcPZFAPyk[/video]

complete rubbish which proves nothing.

If she was rigging the vote why would should she put them in seperate piles and then swap them around? would you not just sneak every other yes vote into the no pile.

I think given that most people don't know the precise details of how counting votes works and without hearing the counters side of the story it's not possible to come to any sort of conclusion based on this video.
It no doubt proves something that I have said for years.
That votes are ALL rigged therefore voting is pointless.
you heard it hear first.
Anyone else agree

So you're a sore loser.
Original post by thunder_chunky
So you're a sore loser.

what exactly have i lost.
I generally didnt give two ****s about it because it doesnt affect me but im just saying i think it was rigged infact I kmow it was
Reply 49
I generally didnt give two ****s about it because it doesnt affect me but im just saying i think it was rigged infact I kmow it was

How does one know something without evidence?

You believe but you do not know because you cannot prove it. Deal with it.

Original post by Aj12

This.
Original post by Aj12

Gut instinct.
common sense.
Choose one
Reply 52

Gut instinct.
common sense.
Choose one

Well gut instinct is meaningless so we can rule that out.

Now lets lay this out. You allege there was fraud. This would require many people doing many different things in such a way as to significantly change a national election, which would require fraud on an national scale. This entails fooling a series of international and local observers, who have watched every inch of the election and have not raised any significant objections ( I'm sure we can all agree the Russians are just being difficult because of their rigged election in Crimea, for which there is evidence). Is there any evidence to support any of your allegations? No.

Now, the one group of people whom have every reason to allege fraud have agreed the election was free, fair and fully accept the result. Tell me why you think you know better than the campaign that was fighting the election and actually had observers all over the country and in fact came out to dismiss allegations of fraud in Dundee?

So we can rule out common sense, common sense and Occam's razor both dictate there was no fraud. Not that this means anything to you, I'm sure.
Original post by Aj12
Well gut instinct is meaningless so we can rule that out.

Now lets lay this out. You allege there was fraud. This would require many people doing many different things in such a way as to significantly change a national election, which would require fraud on an national scale. This entails fooling a series of international and local observers, who have watched every inch of the election and have not raised any significant objections ( I'm sure we can all agree the Russians are just being difficult because of their rigged election in Crimea, for which there is evidence). Is there any evidence to support any of your allegations? No.

Now, the one group of people whom have every reason to allege fraud have agreed the election was free, fair and fully accept the result. Tell me why you think you know better than the campaign that was fighting the election and actually had observers all over the country and in fact came out to dismiss allegations of fraud in Dundee?

So we can rule out common sense, common sense and Occam's razor both dictate there was no fraud. Not that this means anything to you, I'm sure.

Ok.
what solid proof have you got that the votes were not rigged.
Reply 54
Ok.
what solid proof have you got that the votes were not rigged.

You realize this is not how arguments work right? You make a claim without evidence then ask me to prove your baseless claim wrong....

My proof is that there is no evidence for any vote rigging, the Yes Campaign accepted the result and the United Kingdom has a history of free and fair elections.
Original post by Aj12
You realize this is not how arguments work right? You make a claim without evidence then ask me to prove your baseless claim wrong....

My proof is that there is no evidence for any vote rigging, the Yes Campaign accepted the result and the United Kingdom has a history of free and fair elections.

Again wheres your proof.
Bring me some substantial evidence that Scotland voted no.
Bet you cant do it
Original post by Aj12

Says who?
How do you know this
I disagree. About 45% of voters prefered independence. Just a few people? Why? If I were UK leader, I'd find out about it.

What makes 45% unhappy to be part of UK? If UK leader ignores them, what would happen? Another 'Braveheart' would come into existence?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ok just spoke to a scot and i asked him if scots and english are related and his reply was Not really.
the scots are more related to welsh,irish etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending