The Student Room Group

If Scotland votes No

It no doubt proves something that I have said for years.
That votes are ALL rigged therefore voting is pointless.
you heard it hear first.
Anyone else agree

Scroll to see replies

If the side that i dont support wins then it's fixed.
The bookies have thought so all along, odds for a No are ridiculously odds on, about 1.15 at the moment. Betfair has already paid out on a no.
Original post by matthewduncan
It no doubt proves something that I have said for years.
That votes are ALL rigged therefore voting is pointless.
you heard it hear first.
Anyone else agree

I absolutely agree with you. I personally hope for the latter, but I just can't see Westminster and the Yankees letting Scotland slip.

I really hope I am wrong though. Let's wait till 6 am and see what happens!
I see why scotland wants independence, but there are so many questions unanswered that it seems foolish to run a vote and then decide what to do about currency, armed forces, the fact that now free uni would be illegal etc. people should have all the facts of what they are voting for before the vote.
Here you go
https://twitter.com/sn0ut/status/512746150315581440/photo/1

Corruption written all over it.
It's all pre-determined.
Reply 6
The vote did not go my way, therefore its all fixed
Told you so.
Definitely has corruption written all over it.
No way did the scots vote no
Told you so.
Definitely has corruption written all over it.
No way did the scots vote no

You'd be surprised at the amount if no voters are finally not scared to admit their choice
Reply 9
I am delighted with this result, I suppose we can all rejoice in celebration - there are fewer foolish Scots as I thought there'd be!

And yes, I did vote NO.
Reply 10
Original post by Abbie :)
You'd be surprised at the amount if no voters are finally not scared to admit their choice

It was never going to be a Yes. Just a waste of time from the waste of space Salmond. Should have just grilled him instead.
Original post by samba
It was never going to be a Yes. Just a waste of time from the waste of space Salmond. Should have just grilled him instead.

I love this

I think there probably would have been no voters that have been scared to say they vote no out loud but in my honest opinion theres no way Scotland voted no.
Its like being kidnapped,not getting a long with the people that kidnapped you,getting asked if you want to get let free and you say no Lol.
Original post by CupidMupid
I absolutely agree with you. I personally hope for the latter, but I just can't see Westminster and the Yankees letting Scotland slip.

I really hope I am wrong though. Let's wait till 6 am and see what happens!

we called it then.
I agree with what you are saying about the yanks having something to do with this as well.
They weren't letting this happen.
It wouldnt be in there best interest at all
I think there probably would have been no voters that have been scared to say they vote no out loud but in my honest opinion theres no way Scotland voted no.
Its like being kidnapped,not getting a long with the people that kidnapped you,getting asked if you want to get let free and you say no Lol.

A large amount of people see the benefits of the union, and if say it's not like a kidnapping, more like arguments between siblings. There's a large desire to kick the **** out each other but when the time comes they'll choose to stay together.
Vote my way or I'm going to throw a tantrum.
A large amount of people see the benefits of the union, and if say it's not like a kidnapping, more like arguments between siblings. There's a large desire to kick the **** out each other but when the time comes they'll choose to stay together.

the scotts and the english have never been "siblings" .
In fact they've never really been together either.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Vote my way or I'm going to throw a tantrum.

Original post by Aj12
The vote did not go my way, therefore its all fixed

Original post by blue n white army
If the side that i dont support wins then it's fixed.

Just want to add ive got no affiliation to the scotts at all or do i care what really happens to the "union".

I'm just saying it was always likely that a no vote would come through. No doubt most of the posters on house windows were 'yes' ones, but I'm willing to bet the majority of empty windows were no voters

Mate, at this point Scots and English people are so interbred that it's almost offensive to still consider them distinct.

Hell, Lothian was settled by Anglo Saxons before it was absorbed into the nascent Scotland. This is before the centuries of English and Scots moving across the border or shacking up with the other and having nice little mixed babies.

The worst of this divisive dross was convincing anyone that our differences were greater than they really are.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending