The Student Room Group

International Acceptance Rates?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yourgirlbribri
I didn't apply to Edinburgh, sorry for the confusion I just new that info.
I applied to
University of Kent
University of Sheffield
Brunel University
University of Winchester
I left my 5th choice open because I am waiting to hear back for Loughborough if it is worth my time to apply. However, I think I am going to apply to Oxford Brookes instead. Kent is my first choice though. I am applying for Drama and English by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I'm thinking of Oxford Brookes! It's so inexpensive, and right next to Oxford Oxford- I mean wow how great would that be?
Original post by D_ecrivaine
Oh I'm thinking of Oxford Brookes! It's so inexpensive, and right next to Oxford Oxford- I mean wow how great would that be?

My school did a study abroad at Oxford Brookes and I heard really great things about the city. But, they will be my third choice. However if Sheffield rejects me (which I think might happen) they will be my second). Let's move this to a pm that way us Americans can stop annoying the Brits. Lol :biggrin:
My school did a study abroad at Oxford Brookes and I heard really great things about the city. But, they will be my third choice. However if Sheffield rejects me (which I think might happen) they will be my second). Let's move this to a pm that way us Americans can stop annoying the Brits. Lol :biggrin:

It seems like it would be expensive to live in though! It's proximity to London is very advantageous however, a weekend trip there would be easy!
Lol no brits in this thread so far! Was kinda hoping one would chime in...
Original post by D_ecrivaine
It seems like it would be expensive to live in though! It's proximity to London is very advantageous however, a weekend trip there would be easy!
Lol no brits in this thread so far! Was kinda hoping one would chime in...

I know. That is why I like Kent too. 55 minutes to London by train. What I meant was that this thread will just keep popping up on the Recent forums page. You should check out the American thread in the International lounge. It is like super long but I have read every single post and it answers like every question! Don't get discouraged with some of these people's qualifications, I swear some of them must be robots.
I know. That is why I like Kent too. 55 minutes to London by train. What I meant was that this thread will just keep popping up on the Recent forums page. You should check out the American thread in the International lounge. It is like super long but I have read every single post and it answers like every question! Don't get discouraged with some of these people's qualifications, I swear some of them must be robots.

Location is really so important... I'm really liking Aberdeen but it is out thereee.
I will do that, thanks!
Lol welll.... hm I wouldn't mind one of them throwing in their opinion still..
I just wanted to say hi to my fellow Americans. I read on the Americans considering Uni in the UK thread that Edinburgh will accept any international applicant that meets the minimum requirements. Except for medicine of course. That statement came from Edinburgh themselves. As for Across the Pond I am using them. My advisor is great and I actually have sent off my application already. I found them mostly helpful when it came to my personal statement and my letter of reference. The emails get shorter don't worry lol.
Now to wrap up this giant post. I am a Community College student and will be getting my associates this year :ahee:. My GPA is 3.17 too. I did do AP test in High School but no SAT or ACT (I knew I was going to a CC). Nice to meet you guys.

Hi there! Another community college student! How did you list your grades on your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coffeetime
Hi there! Another community college student! How did you list your grades on your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I typed in each of my relevant classes that I have/am taking and then typed in the grade I received. For in progress classes you leave the grade blank. They only want your relevant class btw. I hope this helps!

I started an American Applicants 2015 thread in the international lounge. Feel free to join! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest