The Student Room Group

Homophobic black people

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RayApparently
Agreed with you until that last, rather disturbing, sentence.

Original post by thechemistress
.. What. Gay people can't 'choose' to be straight.

I didn't say you could. The evidence is inconclusive I can't say that being gay is a choice no more than you can say that it's an innate affliction.
Original post by Asciant
If I gay person can just go round being straight then surely a black person can just go round covered in whitewash? :rolleyes:

Only their black features will discern them from white people so nice try but no cigar.
Original post by Marky Mark
I didn't say you could. The evidence is inconclusive I can't say that being gay is a choice no more than you can say that it's an innate affliction.

I'm not gay so I certainly can't say - but I'm sure a gay person would take offence at the idea they can 'choose to be straight'. Perhaps, I've misinterpreted you.
Reply 23
Only their black features will discern them from white people so nice try but no cigar.

Their black features will be white? When I say covered in whitewash I mean like dunked in a tank
Original post by RayApparently
I'm not gay so I certainly can't say - but I'm sure a gay person would take offence at the idea they can 'choose to be straight'. Perhaps, I've misinterpreted you.

Why would they take offence?

In a do or die situation with someone holding a gun to your head and you had the chance to live if you denied being gay, wouldn't you? I certainly would if I was gay.
Original post by perfectsymbology
The only way to eradicate people like is to make them shake hands with their polar opposite. In this case a Negrophobic homosexual. When they shake hands they cancel each out into oblivion.

If this is anything like a matter/antimatter annihilation, we could probably use this to solve the energy crisis, too.
gay people can choose to be straight.

I also didn't say that being gay was a choice.

...?

Dude, that's exactly what you said. Don't try to deny it.
OP must first acknowledge that homosexuality is a completely alien concept to African culture because studies have shown that African (particularly coastal West Africa from which the majority of the black diaspora hail) males have much higher testosterone levels than any other race. For this reason there is an insignificant and minute number of homosexuals, rendering the whole idea as strange. I believe with an increased exposure, over time homosexuality will become normalized amongst people of African origin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, neither of us can determine whether homosexuality is a choice - only gay people can. In their thousands, they have told us that it's not a choice. Who are you to presume to know better than them the contents of their hearts and souls?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
...?

Dude, that's exactly what you said. Don't try to deny it.

You took the first quote out of it's context.

I have no interest arguing semantics with you.
No, neither of us can determine whether homosexuality is a choice - only gay people can. In their thousands, they have told us that it's not a choice. Who are you to presume to know better than them the contents of their hearts and souls?

I'm a scientist and I appreciate well-documented and supported evidence for any claim, the voice of "thousands" doesn't constitute proof to me. There's no gay gene(s).
(edited 9 years ago)
Black people can't choose to be white but gay people can choose to be straight.

Erm. The point of the thread is that people can't chose either :holmes:
Reply 32
Because you can pretend to not be gay but can't pretend you're not black. You could change your mind and say that it was just a phase you can't do that if you're black. Unless you bleach which is a totally.......
Original post by shadowdweller
Erm. The point of the thread is that people can't chose either :holmes:

Gay people have a choice whether to tell every Dick, Tom and Harry about their sexuality and they can fake being straight if/when the situation calls for it. Black people don't have that luxury.

That was my point and as I said earlier we don't know if homosexuality is a choice, I'm personally unsure. I don't discriminate against gay people I even know gay people.
You took the first quote out of it's context.

I have no interest arguing semantics with you.

What kind of a context could cause a sentence to have exactly the opposite meaning that it seems to have? I read the rest of your post before copy/pasting, and it really did seem like you were arguing that gays can choose to be straight. The meaning was absolutely clear, and I think you meant it to be.

In a do or die situation with someone holding a gun to your head and you had the chance to live if you denied being gay, wouldn't you? I certainly would if I was gay.

That's not choosing to be straight. That's choosing to pretend you're straight, until people are no longer threatening you with guns. You'd still be 100% gay the entire time.
That's not choosing to be straight. That's choosing to pretend you're straight, until people are no longer threatening you with guns. You'd still be 100% gay the entire time.

That was the choice I was referring to I've been saying over and over that we don't know if being gay is a choice. The choice of denying everything you're in favour of living or in a less dramatic scenario the choice of remaining private about your sexuality. Black people don't have that choice.
It's convenient for gay people to say they were born that way that's why we can't take their word as evidence.

You're telling me that each and every one of those thousands of people is lying.

If someone put a gun to a black man's head and told him to say he was white, I'm sure he would oblige.
That was the choice I was referring to I've been saying over and over that we don't know if being gay is a choice. The choice of denying everything you're in favour of living or in a less dramatic scenario the choice of remaining private about your sexuality. Black people don't have that choice.

Do you know what it's like to be a closet homosexual? How would you feel if you were forced to live a gay life?

I'm not going to diminish the suffering of black people, but to say that gays can simply choose to live heterosexual life, like it's no big deal, is deeply offensive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending