The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

How to get into Oxford for Graduate Studies?

Hello everyone. Right now I study at McGill University in Montreal, Canada (Anatomy and Cell Biology undergraduate program). I just started studying here, so I am now thinking of possible places to go to after I graduate from here.

I would like to live abroad from Canada, and I would also like to attend a great school (making Oxford a good choice). Although I am not sure what I want to study yet.

So in this case, what will I need to achieve and accomplish right now in order to be admitted into this university?

Thanks very much and I appreciate your help and support.

:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 1
A few things (not necessarily in order of importance/chronology):

1. When you figure out which degree/program you want to apply to, check the entry requirements on Oxford's website. The academic requirements are generally the equivalent of a 2:1 degree. In the US, the equivalent of a 2:1 degree is ending with around a 3.5 GPA; I'm sure you can find out online what the equivalent is in Canada.

2. Next, you need to figure out a research project that you could do at Oxford as a graduate student. There has to be a supervisor there who could work with you on the project you outline.

3. You also need to consider funding, as scholarships can be hard to come by. I'd recommend applying for absolutely everything you can find.

4. Find out the deadline(s) and apply!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Viceroy

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending