The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Accommodation transfers?

Hi,

I am just wondering how easy it is to transfer to different accommodation halls at Warwick if I don't like the accommodation I first have (I was given one of my last choices). Are there any success stories/tips?

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Hi there,

You aren't allowed to request or consider hall transfers until at least week 3 of term 1, unless you have a medical condition and documentation to allow it. You also have to find someone willing to swap with you, as Warwick doesn't do this for you.

It is very possible to change accommodation, but the priority for swaps will be for those sharing rooms in Westwood at first. In addition, you may feel anxious now but once you have made your friends in your halls and shared the first couple of weeks together, a guaranteed 9.9 times out 10, you won't want to swap any longer because it really isn't that bad!

Obviously you have entered into a binding contract with your accommodation at Warwick, and you have to fulfil or find someone else to fulfil it should you want to swap. It is doable, but don't be too hasty! :biggrin: Hope you enjoy it and that I have helped.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest