The Student Room Group

Student finance expected payment date

It's scheduled to be paid in on the 29th of September but I start my induction week on Monday (22nd) and need to pay for my travel till my loan comes through.
Due to financial problems at home I can't borrow any money from my parents so im kind of stuck.

Is there any chance that my loan would be paid in before its expected payment date?
Have you considered asking any friends if they could lend you maybe £30 or so for the week and pay it back when your loan comes in?
There is no chance.
Use your student bank account free overdraft facility.
Mine says 22nd but it'll come a few days after I've actually enrolled on 22nd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Psyc_Girl
It's scheduled to be paid in on the 29th of September but I start my induction week on Monday (22nd) and need to pay for my travel till my loan comes through.
Due to financial problems at home I can't borrow any money from my parents so im kind of stuck.

Is there any chance that my loan would be paid in before its expected payment date?

There's no chance that your loan will be paid until after you've proved your attendance, i.e. via enrollment.

If you're facing hardship at this point, have you contacted the university? They may be able to help you until your loan comes through. How much money would you need?
Reply 5
Thanks for all of your replies.

See that's why im confused because ill be enrolling on Monday and receiving my student ID card (which is the 22nd) but the loan is not scheduled till the 29th so was wondering as I enrol Monday if it will come sooner?

Ill either have to borrow some money or live off my overdraft!

Posted from TSR Mobile

See that's why im confused because ill be enrolling on Monday and receiving my student ID card (which is the 22nd) but the loan is not scheduled till the 29th so was wondering as I enrol Monday if it will come sooner?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think as soon as uni has confirmed your place SFE should give you the money. I had asked SFE the same thing they had said that the date given online can change depending on when you enrol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And anyway if it doesn't come there's no harm in using your overdraft if it's interest free which it should be if it's a student account.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case you should get it a few days after enrollment
Reply 9
Original post by jelly1000
In that case you should get it a few days after enrollment

Oh really? That's great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im a student in Scotland waiting on a nursing bursary coming in, I know the original date was 8th Sept for first payment, however on Friday I got an email saying my form was getting processed that day, however, I do not know when my first payment is meant to be, does anyone have an idea and if they do, how much is a nursing bursary 1st payment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending