The Student Room Group

11 ums away from a B in biology...

Hello is 11 ums far away from a B in Biology Gcse bc im trying to persuade my school to let me take as Biology ...
It's probably not a good idea, biology is quite a hard a level and some of the concepts can take a while to get your head around (although that applies more to A2 than as) so if you have a C at GCSE you may struggle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Cryinglightning
It's probably not a good idea, biology is quite a hard a level and some of the concepts can take a while to get your head around (although that applies more to A2 than as) so if you have a C at GCSE you may struggle

Posted from TSR Mobile

im aware of this and i even considered retaking and starting the course next year however i dont want to take a gap year to finish it off :/
Reply 3
i never had a problem with the content in biology but i hate using depression as an excuse of not getting a good grade
Original post by kyungsoo
i never had a problem with the content in biology but i hate using depression as an excuse of not getting a good grade

Yeah it's understandable you wouldn't want to take a gap year just for that, maybe explain to your school that it was extenuating circumstances and ask if you could do the course for a few weeks then be tested on your knowledge so far to see how you do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Cryinglightning
Yeah it's understandable you wouldn't want to take a gap year just for that, maybe explain to your school that it was extenuating circumstances and ask if you could do the course for a few weeks then be tested on your knowledge so far to see how you do

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks i guess i'll give it a try !!

Quick Reply

Latest