The Student Room Group

Where to get slim fitting, good quality plain t shirts?

Uniqlo - shocking fit
American Apparel - good quality, shocking fit. Way too loose and 'skater' looking.
All Saints - Material too thin
H&M, Topman, Asos - Material too thin but good fit

Is it impossible to find good fitting, yet good quality t shirts or what? Like fitted sleeves, a third to half way down the bicep and then not too tight but not too baggy anywhere else.

Any suggestions?
Reiss or J Crew are good options but slightly more expensive than most listed.
Reply 2
Primark. A shirt is a shirt
Original post by notevensoph

No it isn't. There is a big difference in quality and fit between brands. And some people are willing to pay a premium for garments which aren't made by employees who work in inhumane conditions in sweatshops.

If you think a shirt is a shirt I think the 'fashion' forums are perhaps not the place for you.

lol so clueless
Reply 5
Original post by manchesterunited15
lol so clueless

Original post by Narcissist
No it isn't. There is a big difference in quality and fit between brands. And some people are willing to pay a premium for garments which aren't made by employees who work in inhumane conditions in sweatshops.

If you think a shirt is a shirt I think the 'fashion' forums are perhaps not the place for you.

:lol: I know, I was expecting this response.
I go to Next for my t-shirts; OP, you just have to keep looking around.

She was implying t-shirts will be much the same at every store, which is nonsense
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I'm looking at J Crew.

I'm picky with t shirts because thats kind of my everyday look, a plain t shirt and jeans. I'm going to uni so need a few that aren't going to wear out after a few weeks, also the difference in fit can make you look smart or scraggy.

I'll get cheaper t shirts for when I wear a jacket over the top, for gym etc. but if im going out with just a t shirt on I want it to be fitted properly and good quality.
Reply 8
Also ill never shop at primark for anything other than socks, not in a snobby way it's just the quality is really poor for me.

Same as Topman, H&M, River Island etc.
Reply 9
Go to amazon search for muscle fit basics. They do top quality basics, exactly the same quality as abercrombie or superdry t shirts.
Reply 10
:lol: I know, I was expecting this response.

:boring:
People are so annoying here.
Original post by LTG
Uniqlo - shocking fit
American Apparel - good quality, shocking fit. Way too loose and 'skater' looking.
All Saints - Material too thin
H&M, Topman, Asos - Material too thin but good fit

Is it impossible to find good fitting, yet good quality t shirts or what? Like fitted sleeves, a third to half way down the bicep and then not too tight but not too baggy anywhere else.

Any suggestions?

had same problem but then i tried next level 3600 t shirt , it fits perfectly on my body , and alsoon my brothers body , he's thinner than me , i bought it from ustradeent.com
Visit Nirofashion.com, here you can find t-shirts of all sizes and colours from renowned brands.
this thread is five years old smh

Latest