The Student Room Group

Straight guys: Do you think that homo-hetero relationships can work out?

A friendship between a homo guy and a hetero guy - can it work out without awkwardness?
Well if it's a relationship how can the hetero be hetero?
Reply 2
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Well if it's a relationship how can the hetero be hetero?

Friendship
Yes, of course it can. Unless the gay guy has strong feelings for the straight guy, in which case it's a bit of a bad idea.
If it's a friendship, of course, providing neither are homophobic or heterophobic.

If the opposite were true, gay people around the world would only be friends with other gay people.

What a ridiculous question.
I'm gay and both my best friends are straight and it's not even remotely awkward so yeah it can definitely work out :wink: (we've been friends for around 3 years btw)
Original post by Anonymous
Friendship

Oh right. Yeah totally can
Original post by Anonymous
A friendship between a homo guy and a hetero guy - can it work out without awkwardness?

Yeah I think so. My best friend since school came out to me and I'm the only one who knows. The reason he told me was because he had a crush on me (I'm straight).
At first I was surprised and told him the deal and he was fine with it. It wasn't awkward because neither of us made it awkward. In fact it made us closer as mates and I'm glad he told me in the end. He's the same person he was before
Of course, its only going to be awkward if one of you makes it awkward.
Reply 9
I was friends with a gay guy until he started to make advances on me. Pretty sure he knew I'm straight but meh... It wouldn't be applicable in every situation, just as long as he knows you're just friends :smile:
No different to a guy-girl friendship as far as I'm concerned

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending