The Student Room Group

Former Rotherham youth worker 'raised alarm about Asian gangs grooming girls

Rotherham report: Former youth worker 'raised alarm about Asian gangs grooming girls and was called racist'
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rotherham-child-abuse-scandal--4120569#ixzz3Dm1kDdZR

Will this massive and sinister problem of sex grooming be vigorously addressed and necessary changes be made in order to protect the scores of vulnerable underage white girls who are targeted by British Pakistani males? It's happening daily, not only in Rotherham but in towns and cities across Britain? The Rotherham case is a profound shame not just to Rotherham but to the whole country.

It's massive scale of abuse should not be allowed to be forgotten without a determination from Parliament, local authorities, police and relevant authorities to stamp out this disgusting crime. Or will this latest scandal get dealt with in the time-honoured way of a sacking or two and business as usual, relying on the short memories of people and the silent majority who prefer to keep quiet about such things?

It better not because these young girls are victims and the scars of their cruel exploitation are something they have to live with for the rest of their lives. The conspiracy of silence and wimpy excuses are just not good enough at all. Real strategic action must come from this to stop the cycle. Let's get out priorities right eh?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Nothing will happen because the priority is social cohesion as opposed to lifting the lid on these backward and rotten Pakistani communities. The very same mindset which failed these girls in the first place is evident now, no one really wants to talk about what the problem is. No one really wants to admit there's a problem because that would mean something would have to be done. And no one wants to appear 'waycist' do they?

There has to be a cultural dynamic at work here, to suggest otherwise is wilful ignorance in my opinion.
(edited 9 years ago)
Twice in my life I have stopped women being dragged into a car by a group of Asians.
The people who hushed this up should be in jail TBH. The idea that you shouldn't deal with this because it can be seen as racist is disgusting.
Reply 4
Original post by Philip_Philtrum
Twice in my life I have stopped women being dragged into a car by a group of Asians.

Crikey! Well done mate.
Reply 5

Didn't know you could stop all of those Asians! Must be hard to stop people from Japan, some parts of Russia, Palestine, etc! :eek:
Reply 6
Original post by tengentoppa
The people who hushed this up should be in jail TBH. The idea that you shouldn't deal with this because it can be seen as racist is disgusting.

Absolutely right. The people in those positions of responsibility chose not to do the right thing. It seems even basic conscience matters of right and wrong (in this case, protecting lives of young girls from grave harm), was allowed to be superceded by appalling apathy and warped institutional norms which protect Pakistani sex criminals from being caught. When public institutions fail in this way, it indicates a deep sickness in the management of our society. "Something's rotten in the state of England" alright! The malaise is a worry because when the will to do what is right is overridden by unfair office policies, evil is allowed to flourish. Those who advocated to staff to keep quiet about it, for fear of being labelled RACIST, should be locked up.
Reply 7
Original post by kka25
Didn't know you could stop all of those Asians! Must be hard to stop people from Japan, some parts of Russia, Palestine, etc! :eek:

Note the thread topic. Good acts don't warrant ridicule. Sort your priorities out.
Reply 8
Original post by Marco1
Note the thread topic. Good acts don't warrant ridicule. Sort your priorities out.

I don't think you see the irony of that post, and your post even.
Original post by kka25

By asians I mean south Asians...most likely Pakistani(I don't really know for a fact, just most likely). In the UK Asians refers to South Asians because they're the ones represented the most. In America it usually means East Asians.
Reply 10
Original post by Heliosphan
Nothing will happen because the priority is social cohesion as opposed to lifting the lid on these backward and rotten Pakistani communities. The very same mindset which failed these girls in the first place is evident now, no one really wants to talk about what the problem is. No one really wants to admit there's a problem because that would mean something would have to be done. And no one wants to appear 'waycist' do they?

There has to be a cultural dynamic at work here, to suggest otherwise is wilful ignorance in my opinion.

I agree.

If Social Cohesion is the primary underlying priority of government institutions then it would indicate to me that they are actually supporting the organised sex abuse of vulnerable underage white girls, viewing it as an accepted part of that Social Cohesion. That is what it has descended to. It would be hard to go any lower.
Reply 11
By asians I mean south Asians...most likely Pakistani(I don't really know for a fact, just most likely). In the UK Asians refers to South Asians because they're the ones represented the most. In America it usually means East Asians.

I can see the need to generalise, but a thread like this is not a very good one to generalise especially if you are dealing with a vast continent like Asia; your post was basically misleading.
Reply 12
Original post by kka25
I don't think you see the irony of that post, and your post even.

Fair enough. I see your point. The word Asian in the thread heading was just taken from the title of the BBC article. In my posts I try and avoid the Asian tag because I know it is far too broad and confuses the issue.

In Britain though Asians is usually taken to mean the South Asian region. I know in Australasia, Canada and the States, it refers generally to Orientals (Japan, China, Korea ...)
Reply 13
Original post by Marco1
Fair enough. I see your point. The word Asian in the thread heading was just taken from the title of the BBC article. In my posts I try and avoid the Asian tag because I know it is far too broad and confuses the issue.

In Britain though Asians is usually taken to mean the South Asian region. I know in Australasia, Canada and the States, it refers generally to Orientals (Japan, China, Korea ...)

As far as I can tell up to this point of your post, this thread is essentially heading towards bashing the South Asian community; what's worst, it has no resemblance of the actual thread title itself, thus is totally misleading.

Since you are perfectly aware which Asian majority are in here, you should have just brought that up to be clear in the first place. Also, it contradicts the very essence of your post to be frank.
Reply 14
stop saying "asian". it's specifically pakistani's.
Original post by Marco1
I agree.

If Social Cohesion is the primary underlying priority of government institutions then it would indicate to me that they are actually supporting the organised sex abuse of vulnerable underage white girls, viewing it as an accepted part of that Social Cohesion. That is what it has descended to. It would be hard to go any lower.

I think it's important to try and understand why such events occur, as to my knowledge they've occurred in quite a few places already. Pakistani communities tend to be lower income purely due to not being as established generation wise in the UK, meaning there'll usually be a fair few youths etc street roaming rather than being in a job. That gives them access to crime, drugs etc. Important to note, some, not all.

Another tough thing is the whole gender dynamic. White women tend more often than not want to date Asian men, perhaps through no major fault of their own but due to cultural, appearance etc differences. So for some they may see younger women as easier to get, as those their own age aren't really an option for them. Sad, but I think a reality to in the multicultural dynamics we have.

That stems I'd reckon mostly from cultural experiences - Asian parents (at least first/second generation immigrants) tend to be quite conservative when it comes to relationships. That can have an effect on the children - and occasionally manifest itself in ugly ways. As you can't really follow the whereabouts of everyone - the biggest thing outside of social services etc you could probably do is work hard to align the cultural perspectives of the asian community to that of the British community. Certain parts of the Indian community have it locked, and since south Asian immigration to the UK has pretty much dried up I believe, working to tell those here that living a British way is accepted - something that's often hard to reconcile with parents and family.

As a sidenote - a campaign to let those under the age of 18 know to avoid men offering anything, car rides, drinks etc would probably help too. When I was younger, around the age of 16, a group of girls around the age of 15 were drinking at the park and offered for us, a group of 4 asians (not pakistani) to join in, upon which we collectively got **** faced. Imagine if they'd offered to a group of guys who were older? We were pretty much the same age so it wasn't a big deal, but you can see how that story could go awry quickly.
Original post by AndroidLight
I think it's important to try and understand why such events occur, as to my knowledge they've occurred in quite a few places already. Pakistani communities tend to be lower income purely due to not being as established generation wise in the UK, meaning there'll usually be a fair few youths etc street roaming rather than being in a job. That gives them access to crime, drugs etc. Important to note, some, not all.

Another tough thing is the whole gender dynamic. White women tend more often than not want to date Asian men, perhaps through no major fault of their own but due to cultural, appearance etc differences. So for some they may see younger women as easier to get, as those their own age aren't really an option for them. Sad, but I think a reality to in the multicultural dynamics we have.

That stems I'd reckon mostly from cultural experiences - Asian parents (at least first/second generation immigrants) tend to be quite conservative when it comes to relationships. That can have an effect on the children - and occasionally manifest itself in ugly ways. As you can't really follow the whereabouts of everyone - the biggest thing outside of social services etc you could probably do is work hard to align the cultural perspectives of the asian community to that of the British community. Certain parts of the Indian community have it locked, and since south Asian immigration to the UK has pretty much dried up I believe, working to tell those here that living a British way is accepted - something that's often hard to reconcile with parents and family.

As a sidenote - a campaign to let those under the age of 18 know to avoid men offering anything, car rides, drinks etc would probably help too. When I was younger, around the age of 16, a group of girls around the age of 15 were drinking at the park and offered for us, a group of 4 asians (not pakistani) to join in, upon which we collectively got **** faced. Imagine if they'd offered to a group of guys who were older? We were pretty much the same age so it wasn't a big deal, but you can see how that story could go awry quickly.

Poverty does not make people rape children

White women generally prefer white men. they do NOT more often than not want asian men.

Your statement is blaming the victims and trying to justify the actions of these Pakistan rapists.
Reply 17
Original post by kka25
As far as I can tell up to this point of your post, this thread is essentially heading towards bashing the South Asian community; what's worst, it has no resemblance of the actual thread title itself, thus is totally misleading.

Since you are perfectly aware which Asian majority are in here, you should have just brought that up to be clear in the first place. Also, it contradicts the very essence of your post to be frank.

What are you talking about? It's exactly NOT what you are suggesting. As I said the thread was taken from the article. The content of the article couldn't be more directly relevant. Do you not get that it is about the need to confront the problem warts and all, without fear of being labelled 'racist' (however wrongly) because the victims are the ones that matter most - certainly not hiding the perpetrators ethnicity. I made it very clear in the first place which if you read my posts you would know that. There is no contradiction in my post at all.

I find it disappointing that rather than wanting to debate the serious issue and wanting to stamp it out the problem, you choose to bring up the old Asian bashing line. The fact is, whether you like it or not, it's a Pakistani cultural phenomenon in these towns. It's irresponsible to become like those who turned a blind eye to it by claiming it's too racially sensitive etc.
Reply 18
Original post by AndroidLight

Your reasons and your attitude sicken me! The guys are criminals and you are defending their actions. They're young impressionable under age girls being cruelly exploited sexually and psychologically, manipulated in a sinister way. They view them as easy meat and a legitimate target to do what they like with. When you come up with such rubbish you're not helping the problem. You're part of it.
Reply 19
Original post by Marco1
What are you talking about? It's exactly NOT what you are suggesting. As I said the thread was taken from the article. The content of the article couldn't be more directly relevant. Do you not get that it is about the need to confront the problem warts and all, without fear of being labelled 'racist' (however wrongly) because the victims are the ones that matter most - certainly not hiding the perpetrators ethnicity. I made it very clear in the first place which if you read my posts you would know that. There is no contradiction in my post at all.

I find it disappointing that rather than wanting to debate the serious issue and wanting to stamp it out the problem, you choose to bring up the old Asian bashing line. The fact is, whether you like it or not, it's a Pakistani cultural phenomenon in these towns. It's irresponsible to become like those who turned a blind eye to it by claiming it's too racially sensitive etc.

Then, it is not an Asian or a South Asian problem isn't it?; it's a Pakistani cultural problem. Plainly speaking, this should be in the title in the first place. You've brought up Asian, South Asian, etc., and these are really misleading this thread, as well as the potential (future) readers. I find it absolutely humorous that you are not finding the irony of your post here.

Sorry, your debate is quite frankly inconsistent; from the title to the content itself is pretty much misleading. I don't see you being serious about this at all; if you deemed this is to be a serious issue, then you'd spend some time formulating your post clearly and accurately. I'm highlighting this to you since I find this issue serious; unlike you, I'd be concerned with generalising an entire continent or sub-continent doing such acts.

Quick Reply

Latest