The Student Room Group

International Quotas?

Hey guys, Im applying to study Medicine. I know it's very competitive and everything, but what makes it even more compelling is that im an International student. (super super competitive, with the quota for international students)

I would like to maximise my application so that I would at least get accepted into medical school.

The universities I am keen to apply to is:

1) Edunburgh University
2) Queen Mary University
3) Manchester University
4) Leicester University
5) Glasgow University
6) St Andrews University
7) Birmingham University
8) Oxford Uni

I have tried searching for the international quotas and they're not publicised as far as Im concerned. Just asking if anybody would know which of these Uni's have a relatively high quota for international students and which of these would i most likely be able to have a high chance getting an offer from. Thanks! :smile:

Heads-up :
IGCSE 7A* 1A
UKCAT 715 Band 1
AS grades 4a

Sorry if im in the wrong section. First TSR Post hurrah!
UKCAT
The quota is 7.5 percent of intake for all universities. I am unaware of stats showing specifically where internationals terms to apply.
Original post by zerefree
Hey guys, Im applying to study Medicine. I know it's very competitive and everything, but what makes it even more compelling is that im an International student. (super super competitive, with the quota for international students)

I would like to maximise my application so that I would at least get accepted into medical school.

The universities I am keen to apply to is:

1) Edunburgh University
2) Queen Mary University
3) Manchester University
4) Leicester University
5) Glasgow University
6) St Andrews University
7) Birmingham University
8) Oxford Uni

I have tried searching for the international quotas and they're not publicised as far as Im concerned. Just asking if anybody would know which of these Uni's have a relatively high quota for international students and which of these would i most likely be able to have a high chance getting an offer from. Thanks! :smile:

Heads-up :
IGCSE 7A* 1A
UKCAT 715 Band 1
AS grades 4a

Sorry if im in the wrong section. First TSR Post hurrah!
UKCAT

St Andrews has quite a number of international students, I would apply there. Edinburgh takes about 17 a year this is listed on their stats but it is very competitive almost 400 applications for 17 spots. Manchester and Birmingham have high quotas, Oxford has a quota but barely takes any maybe 1 to 3 a year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Leicester takes in about 17 for each intake with 400 over applicants. :smile:

all the best.
Actually I think all the unis on your list except Oxford are good for internationals. I think St Andrews may even exceed its international quota maybe through its foundation programme, i'm not sure.
Reply 5
Haha thanks guys!

I might have narrowed my choices down to

Manchester
Queen Mary
Glasgow
Edinburgh

What do you guys think?

Quick Reply

Latest