The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2015 Entry

Hey guys!
Are there any aspiring historians out there applying for History (or something similar) this year for next year entry?

What are everyone's 5 options? Have you all started your personal statements yet?

Mine are:
Leeds
Birmingham
UCL
Warwick
Southampton

Here's the History connect/stalking Page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lustforlife
Hey guys!
Are there any aspiring historians out there applying for History (or something similar) this year for next year entry?

What are everyone's 5 options? Have you all started your personal statements yet?

Mine are:
UCL
Leeds
Birmingham
Warwick
Southampton

(my friend told me to re do this thread on my account for her as she made it yesterday but something happened to it - sorry everyone that posted on that thread!)

I think I responded to the original one. Not sure though. I'm applying for ancient history this year. I'm really excited! I'm applying to:

Exeter
Warwick
Newcastle
Leeds
Reading
Reply 2
Original post by Coffeetime
I think I responded to the original one. Not sure though. I'm applying for ancient history this year. I'm really excited! I'm applying to:

Exeter
Warwick
Newcastle
Leeds
Reading

Same! Can't wait to start uni :smile:
How are you getting on with your personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! Can't wait to start uni :smile:
How are you getting on with your personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say I'm about halfway done. I'm so nervous about it because I'm not the typical applicant and I'm afraid I'll be rejected from everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Coffeetime
I would say I'm about halfway done. I'm so nervous about it because I'm not the typical applicant and I'm afraid I'll be rejected from everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've got half of it done but it still needs a lot of tweaking. I'm depending on my PS as History is such a competitive course and I have my heart set on UCL.
Why are you not a typical applicant if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I've got half of it done but it still needs a lot of tweaking. I'm depending on my PS as History is such a competitive course and I have my heart set on UCL.
Why are you not a typical applicant if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard the PS is a huge part of the application, so I definitely plan on being thorough with mine. I don't have my heart set on any one specific university, though I do think Exeter and Warwick are my favourites. As for my circumstances, I'm a mature student at 27, and I'm international. So the typical requirements are a bit different for me, I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im applying for a History course at
Newcastle
Sheffield
Leicester
Queen Mary uni of London

I've finished my application I'm just getting some more feedback in my PS then I'm gonna apply, I'm quite nervous though ahaha
Reply 7
Original post by Chris_Milo
Im applying for a History course at
Newcastle
Sheffield
Leicester
Queen Mary uni of London

I've finished my application I'm just getting some more feedback in my PS then I'm gonna apply, I'm quite nervous though ahaha

Trying to finish my PS right now, so unmotivated!
A few useful TSR articles to read ......

Applying for History : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/History_Degree

How to avoid 5 rejections: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/How_to_Avoid_Getting_5_Rejections
Im worried now, I think i'll get AAB at A level, do you think i'll get into one of my choices :s-smilie:
Im worried now, I think i'll get AAB at A level, do you think i'll get into one of my choices :s-smilie:

What were your AS grades?
What were your AS grades?

I got BBB
I got BBB

That's good! You can easily push them up to AAA next year! Uni's will be fine as long as you have a brill PS and your teachers give you good predicted grades :smile:
That's good! You can easily push them up to AAA next year! Uni's will be fine as long as you have a brill PS and your teachers give you good predicted grades :smile:

Thanks :smile: I'm applying to Newcastle partners because my college is a partner which means if I get accepted onto the scheme I'll get a lower offer and then Leicester and queen Mary's I need ABB so hopefully of they like my Ps I'll get some offers, how did you do at AS
Thanks :smile: I'm applying to Newcastle partners because my college is a partner which means if I get accepted onto the scheme I'll get a lower offer and then Leicester and queen Mary's I need ABB so hopefully of they like my Ps I'll get some offers, how did you do at AS

Sounds good! I got AABC. Really want to go UCL which I need an A* for, so I have to work super hard this year. I am in love with Leeds though so I totally wouldn't mind going there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't be able to get into UCL aha, I live in Leeds and its a great city, very lively a lot going on. I have my heart set on Newcastle and a backup of either Leicester or Queen Mary uni of London, so i have quite a variety aha :smile:
I wouldn't be able to get into UCL aha, I live in Leeds and its a great city, very lively a lot going on. I have my heart set on Newcastle and a backup of either Leicester or Queen Mary uni of London, so i have quite a variety aha :smile:

You are so lucky! Loved it so much when I visted :biggrin:
Queen Mary is really good aswell, loved their course and the campus was really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are so lucky! Loved it so much when I visted :biggrin:
Queen Mary is really good aswell, loved their course and the campus was really good

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to the open day for Queen Mary in October so that wil be a trek aha, and I'm bored of Leeds tbh aha I've lived here 7 years so I've done everything here, but it reckon it will be good for students, they've just Built the newarena
Im worried now, I think i'll get AAB at A level, do you think i'll get into one of my choices

Unless you are also applying to Oxbridge there is no need to apply this early.
It's good to get it done with though, I mean I'm not going to rush it, we have a session about PS with the admission tutors from Newcastle, and then Im just getting feedback off all my tutors, an advantage of applying early is that they will have more time to look at your application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest